Signings just dropped

I feel ya Shey! I’m scraping the barrel here in Alabama. I wonder if there’s someone here that has knowledge about the mortgage industry who knows what’s actually going on

Pretty much radio silence here in VT. Feels like we hit a brick wall.

I think those that could refi did so during the last couple years of fantastic interest rates.

It felt like March/April were what was left of the pending stuff and May has been crumbs.

I’ve done only 4 closings this month so far….

Thinking when my background check expires on 6/30 it will be it for me :man_shrugging:t3:

I’m the same way but don’t be discouraged. Someone on here said to be patient and that the markets are going to recover. People still have to find places to live, still have to sell homes, still have to do reverse mortgages and People will still need loan modifications. I’ve considered the fact that a lot of new notaries (who may not be really sure they want to be notaries) will also drop out and try to find a job that they feel is more secure. If this is something you find that you love and that you DON’T want to get back into what I would call the rat race (because I used to do retail) then there will be more room for you when all these other notaries turn to other avenues of income.

2 Likes

I am seeing less refinances but more HELOC closings so don’t be discouraged. Also you may want to look into supplementing your LSA with GNW or property inspections. This has helped me over the past few months stay in the green when the phone did not ring from LSA work.

2 Likes

I’m a top tier signing agent. It’s externally slow here in Manatee and Sarasota County. Snap Docs which has always been a site that has many signings come through a day has been SILENT pretty much for months. This is a big indicator that business has dropped off dramatically. I’ve always had work from XOME, but not one order from them since end February. Amrock and ServiceLink will call me to do closing for them.

2 Likes

Forgive me, but I don’t understand what “externally slow” means. Did you mean to say, extremely slow? Just askin’, not trying to pick a fight :innocent: I just don’t want to miss something.

Are you able to share what property inspection companies are good ?

you just enjoy being adversary…

amrock is a disaster

Yes I’m in Virginia. I going to have to get another job I think. Was making things happen for me and my son but wow it just crashed to zero.

2 Likes

WeGoLook is who I get my vehicle inspections from. I don’t do Real Estate as my area does not demand it. Look into Mortgage Field Services

3 Likes

What part of Virginia are you in? That is where I’m operating.

I was recently told that business was busy by a realtor. I was doing a signing in the real estate office. I have not been busy for months. Come to find out, they typically use in-house notaries for loan signings. I wonder if this is a part of what we are seeing. The independent contractors (us) are not being offered the opportunities. Maybe this is due to all the errors that were happening. It is really frustrating to me at this time. I’ve busted my butt to put my company in position to handle the high demand, and now there’s no demand.

3 Likes

I have dabbled in the inspection field as well. I like it and they work directly with you over the phone for each inspection.

2 Likes

HI I am in Winchester. I have my home office as well. Thank you for reaching out.

Hi kru4me. I live in NM and haven’t had any calls for refinances in awhile, dead silence. I was wondering if anyone else was feeling it too. Not too mention, it seems like the ones who used to pay more are now wanting you to do for less, even if traveling a distance. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yes i am eeking out 300+ a week now. I have retirement income so not broke but good grief! Good info here!

1 Like

Yes, loan signings are down and the cost of living is sky high. Eeek is right~! I depend on this income for my living expenses.

1 Like

You may want to start looking at some additional sources of income as things may get worse before they start to get beater. Let’s all pray it will be sooner than later.

4 Likes

I am one as well…Independent Contractor…Yes, this company is great to work for. Comply TraQ is another one for field inspections.

1 Like