Slow down or Industry adjustment

My requests from snapdocs and signing order has dropped to nearly zero. Is this happening to others?

5 Likes

I’m relatively new in the notary business. When I first jumped in, I was overwhelmed with requests for signings (in California yet!) but I couldn’t go out until I got my vaccinations (ugh). I let all those assignments just go by. By the time I was able to do signings, things were still hot and I did as many as I could. I did four in one day, which is a lot because I hustled to get the printing, pre-notarizing journal work, etc. done, then doing the jobs. (I don’t know who is doing more than 4-5 every day like some say they do – they MUST have had some help!)
Nevertheless, those days are over for a while it seems. I’m still getting 2-3 requests per day most days, but sometimes, none. Looks like the train left the station on refi’s for a while anyway. But I think it will pick back up in the late summer and fall. Rates, though climbing, remain ridiculously low and I think some folks will jump back into and refi before inflation really takes hold. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

It has been really slow for me as well in the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ. Even when I do get a notification, either the offer is ridiculously low or the assignment has been taken even with my immediate response :pensive: I sincerely hope it picks up really soon!! Good luck to you!!

2 Likes

This is extremely slow. I think the refi business has tanked, but also not getting much else in CA.

3 Likes

Things have definitely slowed here in Oregon, Im getting a few requests a day and they are coming in low ball, I push back a little and someone else has already taken the job. I have a ss that I have charged the same fee for the last 6 month, they called for a job yesterday and offered almost half what it has always been! I told them no- I have always been paid x amount and they said if it gets approved I will get an email. I did not get the signing. So with the slowdown it is almost forcing us to take less but then if we do that will be the new fee! I say everyone needs to hang in there and do NOT compromise your fee- the SS are still getting paid the same, the loan fees have not dropped! Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

heidisnotaryservice, spot on!! I have been getting extremely low ball offers (I’m in AZ) and when I counter, which is still a bargain for the SS, I do not get assigned :pensive: Everything you said is absolutely true m, the SS is still getting paid the same. Although it is hard to decline or try to negotiate due to slow down, I concur, if we start accepting those super low ball offers, it will become the new standard fee and with little to no chance of being approved for our counter offer.

2 Likes

I just negotiated a fee with a title company, they sent it back through snap docs at the new fee and I immediately accepted and it was already filled by another notary!! Second time in a week I’ve had this happen and I reply in less than 1 minute it’s already gone!

1 Like

Same here in NorCal. I’m doing a couple refis a week and a couple of odd job docs. Not very pretty. It’s hard not to feel bad about the slow down. It’s hard not to feel like I’ve done something wrong, but I know it’s that way for many.

2 Likes

I hope it picks up again. I’m in the mountains of NC and it has slowed down to 3-4 jobs a week for me. I find if I counter offer I’m not getting it. Maybe this slow down will move some people back to working other careers. I’m full-time which makes it harder for some. Do some of you have multiple streams of income? I’m looking to diversify more. I drive a truck one day a week which helps.

1 Like

I am new to snap docks and the same thing has ben happening to me. Has this happened before? as soon as I click the appointments are gone; tbh I am starting to think its bots accepting the appointments

3 Likes

Snap docs has always been a turd. I get no orders thru them, Good!. Winners don’t rely on Snapdocs. I’m in Southern Cal. I can say I did 4 Mon., 8 Tues, 6 Wed., 5 Thurs, 9 Friday (6/18), 1 Sat, 1 Sun, 3 today (monday) so far.
Yes its slower, before 3 months ago, I was doing 6-14 per day. Sign up will all the company you can, and do Perfect Work, period. Then they always call you… :rofl: and cry all the way to the bank.

1 Like

Me, too! Houston, Texas and surrounding few counties. Very slow, plus during the past few years, a ton of new “signers” sprung up, so the competition became a real thing! Yikes! I agree with what I read a few times, you can’t even let one split second go by that the job’s not available! Oh, well. I hope so, too, it’ll pick up again. Positive thinking!

3 Likes

So really, that many?? That is awesome! What companies and how many are you signed up with? Title companies? Loan companies? Banks?

1 Like

I have multiple streams. Insurance, Notary, Fingerprinting, Taxes & Inspections. There is absolutely nooo way I would survive if I relied on only one stream. Let alone one SS.

5 Likes

The Southern Cali market is not reflective of Houston’s. Houston is a bit saturated with NSAs for the work demand. Here in the Texas Hill Country we have many who are moving here from other parts of the US. Unfortunately these closings are done in house at the Title Company. I am seeing a slight uptick in seller packages from out of State.

1 Like

Oh, gee, that is awesome!!

I have a notary 17 years and I have a standard fee as well. Direct I get my normal fees, but the signing companies are low balling the fee and I negotiate. I haven’t had many this week because of that. How this is not fair when they are doing zero printing and driving. I am getting frustrated with the whole Notary deal with all the driving and such. Late signings available weekends. I am almost ready to get a job with a retirement and stay put in one place for awhile. Driving the country roads where I live is a lot. I am not in the city limits. All country and Mountains in the foothills of Auburn, Grass Valley and Nevada City which is either Placer or Nevada County in Ca.

1 Like

I have been busy to where i turn down work
In ny

You have to control the narrative if you don’t stand up for what you want then your business partners and your customer and employees and everyone will walk all over you.

Not only Snapdocs. It is severely slowing down on all platforms.
The biggest concern is the trend of signing and title offices to reduce the fee.
I just can’t imagine a title company that have been working with for years dumbed me this week just because my fee is higher than the area average of $70 in Northern Texas.
I believe the market is becoming super saturated with signing agents and cheap priced notaries that’s why we’re being treated as such.
Time to seek a more secure gig

2 Likes