Snapdocs offering $50

To be honest, the people that would take are like me. Ones that are seriously just starting out and need a few signings under their belt so the higher paid ones will actually look at them seriously. Yes, I am doing this under my own company but without experience, no matter how much you have trained, they don’t look at you.

You’re kidding yourself if you think the low paying signing services are looking for inexperienced notaries. They “are” looking for experienced notaries that are willing to accept low fees.

5 Likes

Yes, they act like it’s their money, its not so much greed as maybe laziness on the signing companies part. Of course they are out to make 50pct of your fee . So yes some greed. But they basically contract with a title company to do closings for X amount per signing. They can however call and get approval, they dont want to, but they can. The signing companies try to keep alot of your fee. So if you try to leave about $25 to 50 for them, so for example its usually about $200 to 250 for a mobile notary fee, they offer you $65, you take it , which you shouldnt, and they make $135. So always negotiate at least some! Say something like, well my.fee for that area is $150 but i can do it for $125, or whatever, they will say oh i only have this much or i will need approval.
You can either accept the counter or maybe lose the job and let them negotiate with title, in my case I am one of the ONLY mobile notaries for 100 miles so I’M lucky i can negotiate more. But in california i was only able to get about $125 to 150 with scans. Still much better and reasonable than $65!!! It better be 12 pages for $75. Thats my min.

3 Likes

Always negotiate , or you will bring everyones fees down.

1 Like

If SnapDocs offers me signings at $ 50-75.00 in my neighborhood, I will take all of them!
By the way, I am not a “Newbie” just a practical NSA…

1 Like

Joe 1950 replies. Good for you, at our age there’s no bad reason to get out of the house especially if you can get paid for it. Seniors like us already have our basics like SS and Medicare covered so we might even accept less just for the activity. It’s the youngsters that need the money, sad that we have a hand at bringing down the fees.

1 Like

I’ve had Coast to Coast SS offer $30 for a deed resign?

Sad? I do not have a hand bringing down any fees, I am still working with local TC’s and couple Florida TC’s who keep me working for them at a decent fees for my services averaging $ 100.00 - 150.00 per signing, if I stated about taking local signings like sellers or other less than Refinances or Heloc’s in between I am not contribuiting to lower fees to the market, that is the way it is, like I said I’m just a practical NSA…

2 Likes

Coast to coast is an absolute nightmare. I took a $30 signing from them once. They sent me 5 pages of instructions to read! My friend gets paid $75 from coast to coast for her work with them. I personally will stay away from them from now on

I agree with you 100%. It makes me furious every time I reply to those orders asking for more money and I never receive a reply because somebody accepted them at a lousy $50 fee. Those are the notaries that are screwing things up for the rest of us.

2 Likes

I personally never take any $30 or $50 fee even if it is for 5 pages only.

4 Likes

Thanks for the information. I will take that to heart. Gosh they get 200-250?!?!?!

Well good for you Manny 1950. Lately, I too receive all of my loan signings direct mostly from title companies located all over the US. I’m certain that I have complained enough about signing services on the world wide web to build a reputation. So when they (SS) call and offer you $50 do you counter with $150?

1 Like

I’ve received several $50 equity signings, that I have to fork out $75 to $200 for the Law Office conference room. I just received a $60 for a sellers package that’ll cost $75.00 in operating costs to complete. My Notary business had downshifted to a value added service to my tax practice.

Just being in this industry since 2015, “low fees” have been a constant topic for discussion. In a capitalistic market, there will always be someone willing to work for less. Here’s the question, are those individuals capable of making a sustainable profit and stay in business? With operation costs on the raise and earnings declining, how long can those signing agents survive? Companies that I used to get orders from, have told me, I have to lower my fees or suffer the consequences losing signing orders opportunities. Now, companies only contact me, when they have trouble filling their orders. You know what? I can live with that, by adjusting to the market. I have expanded my lines of services, offsetting the decline in loan signings orders. As a service business owner, I can diversify my lines of services to protect myself from such market pressures.

1 Like

I am new to owning my own business and I’m learning that just because you are new to something you don’t have to sell yourself CHEAP…. I am well certified, trained and experienced in GNW’s but I am a bit reluctant about loan signing because of the SIGNING SERVICES rippin off notaries.

Yes… that’s what I’ve done being a new notary. I have expanded to three additional services other than GNW, and loan signing. I am here to progress financially; not get ran out of business before I start….

Starting a Notary Public business is not a easy task and requires hard work. But if you are willing to do what it takes, it’s worth the effort. I started back in 2015, things were different than today. Companies were paying sustainable loan signing fees and there were still competition. Today, to make the same level of revenue, it takes more hard work, volume in loan signing orders and time. As for general notary work, due to the increase in the number of Notary Publics, government policies changes and large corporate players coming into the industry. The small individual Notary Public has to be more creative to be profitable. Our operating costs have increased, while our fees have flat lined or decreased. Thank goodness, I found a way to stay in the game and make residual income streams too.

Hello, I do have my own Notary business. The one thing that I need to ask is this. If a NP doesn’t take the assignment, that same company will not offer you any future signings. I know that C2C does those that. What advice would you give to other NP’s that are going through this. I got a message to do a Reverse Mortg. for $45 in Beverly Hills. This coming from C2C.

It’s not “Snapdocs” that is offering the $50.00 per se, wouldn’t it be the signing service that used the snap doc forum to secure a notary? Snap docs is a platform for the signing services. While I agree regarding the $50.00 dollar offer, unfortunately there are signing agents who will proudly jump at the opportunity. I’ve heard many of them say that they have and will continue to take the low ball offers.