Snapdocs Repeated submissions

What does it mean when a signing agency submits opportunities on SnapDocs multiple times - same fee, same time, same day/location?

It means that nobody took the signing, or nobody would take it at the price they offered. So, they keep asking. Eventually, they find someone at their price, or someone at a higher price. Or, another company starts trying to find a notary for the signing.

1 Like

Agree with kevinsimcox and will also say it means they are stupid or insane.

Spot on answers. I watched one come through once for $50, declined and put XXX, watched it com back through $55, declined and put XXX
but somebody eventually took it.

I did this recently:

SnapDocs request for $50, I counter at $100.

They re-send at $60, I counter at $110.

They eventually agreed to my first counter.

4 Likes

I like it! Great job on getting your offer.

Sometimes–with the companies that do repeats @ $5-$10 more after you’ve given them your fee, I ‘respond’ with a $5 increase and let them know that the increase is due to ‘additional clerical work to keep my response rate up’. On SD, your ‘response rate’ does figure into their calculations as to where you show up on ‘the list’. I do intensely dislike these repeated offers with a slight increase after you’ve told them what you need to do the job.

2 Likes

Snapdocs is insane. Lowball offers 24/7. They are simply a signing service that allows title companies to put offers on their site. They let their vendors place comments on your profile, without allowing you to see those comments or respond to them. I deleted my profile from snapdocs last year and never intend on using their site ever again!

1 Like

Snapdocs is only a platform for signing companies and title companies to put their offers out there. There are companies that I have seen never put out a lowball offer, and they are the few companies who I work for via Snapdocs. I would say the offers start at $100 and go up. In fact, I was offered $150 for a 60 page seller signing in my area the other day, and I will be paid (they have an excellent payment history).

Other than that, the lowball offers that come through are indeed insane.

I’ve seen it where they incrementally raise the fee by $5 or $10 until they finally get someone to take the job. This usually happens with night or weekend signings in less than desirable locations.

1 Like

I agree with you, Susan. SD is part of my monthly income. That is I do receive work at a good rate on a regular basis. I do decline more than I accept but none the less SD orders help pay my bills. Last month I LITERALLY could walk to 2 of my signings that I did. I don’t hate them!

1 Like

I don’t even try to incrementally increase my fee for a Snapdocs signing request. I’ll quote my fee and if they don’t like it, then they won’t assign it. A lot of Snapdocs signing companies put out low ball offers. Global Notary and Notary Direct are some of the lowest.

Some companies
 well, yuck. Just no better word for them without resorting to profanity. I always respond to offers to keep my rating high. For Companies-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I counter with twice their offer price. Someday one may surprise me by accepting. However, I think it unlikely.

Same here, Ruthann! Plus I have found that my SD income has steadily increased as more companies who offer good rates put me on their “preferred” lists, bumping me to the head of the field when I respond to their offers.