So many last minute jobs out there

Lucky girl. I don’t have an actual fedex location within two counties. I have to use a drop box and the only saturday one I had was at my local Staples. Apparently, the GM didn’t like the box in front of the store and had FedEx remove it. So infuriating. There’s parking spots on the side of the building that nobody uses. He could’ve had it moved there. Days I hate living in a rural area.

1 Like

Two counties away? Oh boy. It would be nice if you got paid extra for the inconvenience.

1 Like

The choice: Loose money on a job, or stay home and make no money.

Ever heard someone say you can make it up on volume?

Let’s see: loose money on 1 job, loose money on 2 jobs, loose money on 3 jobs, loose money on 100 jobs. You know what, loosing money on 1 job or 100 jobs is less desirable than making no money.

Please forgive me for saying this again; A good Notary Fee is a bargain for all the other parties involve - the real estate professional, the mortgage professional, the title company, the appraiser.

And the truth is, other than the appraiser that gets paid up front, non of the other professionals get paid without a notary; A PROFESSIONAL NOTARY generates thousands of dollars for the other professionals.

9 Likes

You mentioned appraisers. They have their own issues with appraisal management companies that sometimes ADD as much as 50% to the total appraisal fee. Unlike a signing service that TAKES 50% from the notary’s fee

1 Like

So not a hybrid closing at all!

Where I’m at two counties away would be close to 75 miles…one way.

2 Likes

I know I pack on the mileage… my hard working Toyota :red_car:

1 Like

Blackball? Please explain how that works and how it was articulated to you, by e-mail, text message, or an actual person warning you over the telephone.

If u dont take the job they tell you ok we wont call you again. Being sarcastic. …i usually say " can i get that in writing". Because i told them to reassign it due to misinformation about the assignment

There are enough inexperienced people out there who are taking this jobs for lo ball fees and doing whatever has to be done .most tomes incorrectly
I wont stoop that lo and i speak up.
Im fine working with professionals…not these last minute assignments from these signing companies who are trying to keep 75% of the fee for making a blast text
Then wait 45 days to be paid .
No thanks. Have a nice day

3 Likes

Huh? Who does that??? When I take a signing I will tell whoever hired me if I can’t make the drop cutoff for that night. I don’t play games like that and try to juggle signings just to squeeze in one more.

2 Likes

Right?! I don’t know who does that :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :melting_face: :man_running: :love_letter: :outbox_tray: :running_woman: :running_woman:t5: :man_running:t5:

I generally won’t take last minute signings unless they’re either very close to my location, pay very well or preferably both. I will not break my neck to “print and run” at the last minute for the crap pay that we’re getting these days. Let someone else have the pleasure.

2 Likes

I’ve found most of those ‘last minute’ engagements were likely turned down by another NSA. When I get the package they’ve got more red flags than a North Korean parade.

5 Likes