So many last minute jobs out there

Makes me wonder…

If the signing services who find themselves with last minute cancellations had offered decent pay the first time, they might not be scrambling to replace a notary within an hour or two of the start time.

Professionalism aside, it’s a lot easier to dump $50 than it is to dump $100. $50 will get outbid on the day of the signing, and there goes the signing agent.

Just sayin’…

16 Likes

I’ve found most of those last moment signings are full of errors, problems, odd documents, and often loaded with more pages than what I was first told. I’m also seeing requests from previously unknown TCs and SS.

10 Likes

You’re right about that. I got this message from a signing company as part of the instructions to fix another notary’s error LOL

“This must be error free work. Please double and triple check documents before dropping to ensure that NO signatures, initials, or stamps are missed. During your confirmation call please verify the date, time, and signing location. You MUST check all work before leaving the signing for missing signatures, dates, stamps, or initials. Check that no information is cut off from the top or bottom of any pages!!! All scans must be in the same direction, no cut off pages, and must be straight. At no time should you leave a signing to drop another package at the drop box and return to the signing!!!”

5 Likes

Those instructions indicate what went wrong the first Notary.

8 Likes

Bingo! I have gotten to the point I rarely accept last minute signings. It seems almost all of them are wrought with issues. It never ends up being worth my time even if they have offered a generous fee at the last minute.

9 Likes

I’ve been noticing that a lot lately as well. Especially with the Closing Exchange. Sad part is, they only increase their bids by $10 until someone finally bites. I be countering $25 or $50 because of the short notice…and they come back with just a $10 increase :frowning:

8 Likes

I too have seen a lot of these last minutes signing, I don’t accept those. I counter offer and they still don’t increase the fee’s by much and most are already low.

5 Likes

Is that really happening? Once you have accepted a bid and assigned a signing do not cancel even if another higher-paying assignment comes along in the same time slot. However, it’s always better to ignore low-paying offers and wait for one you can be comfortable with.

6 Likes

So many lo ball offers its ridiculous…
Turned away 5 this week
And they all want scan backs
No wonder. Probably full of errors from inexperienced notaries
Some dont tell u about scan backs. Then u get package and see the instructions 2 hours before appointment.
And they’re threatening you with a blackball for asking for more $ to cover the extra work they hid on purpose
Thats a 2 way street
I declined the job and wrote the title company about this unprofessional rude signing company they hired
They canceled the job. Dumped the signing company …called me back directly to do it at a more then fair price .they also appreciated my actions and work .and added me to their rooster for direct work …did one yesterday and have another monday already got docs …payment in 5-7 days direct deposit

Imo unscrupulous companies deserve to be pushed out of the way…dont be afraid to do it .the professional companies dont play that way
And im happy to do work for them

13 Likes

Joe. They want to offer 75 for a $200 job
And raise the fee incrementally till some newbie takes it at $100
I have declined jobs for lo ball fees
I just gave one back because the sc lied about scan backs …
So no I wouldnt feel bad about canceling for a better job
Its a 2 way street. For $5 ,they give it to someone else

5 Likes

And they want to pay in 45 days. Lol. Good bye

1 Like

Its a 2 way street …they play the numbers and keep as much of the fee as possible for making a call.
Unprofessional…deserves a push out

3 Likes

I am trying to go directly through a company as well. I have been getting lowball signing left and right. I mistakenly accepted an assignment for $45. I would never do that again. Im losing money working with these signing companies, Im grateful for the experience, but they are snatching cash off of my plate. I recently had an assignment with a neighbor who chose me to be her notary for her closing; her title company called me, asked me for my price to close then sent the documents through this particular signing company. Can you believe that the signing company had the nerve to send that same request for less than 1/2 of what I asked for? I called the title company and told them what that signing company tried to do. Long story short, I got the amount that I asked for. I can imagine if I didn’t say anything. I need to go direct. I cannot afford to leave any more money on the table. Do you have any pointers?

2 Likes

Look above for the search icon best companies…
Fass …bancserv

Title companies are on google

1 Like

Last minute loan signing offers can sometimes be a great opportunity to negoiate a higher fee. I do not accept text or email blasts for last minute assignments, because it eliminate my opportunity to negoiate. If a signing service contact me by phone for a last minute loan assignment, I know that my ability to ask for a higher fee increases. As for “low ball fees”, this is not new to this industry and it will never go away due to business economic principles called, the law of supply and demand. We live in a capitalist country and trying the lowest price possible for goods and services is “Business 101”.

Well, I am guilty as charged. I was offered a home equity hybrid closing, mind you there were 4 people scheduled to sign at $85, now, let me just clarify one thing, my minimum is $100 for hybrid home equity closings no scan backs. There is only one Signing service that I accept at that $85 rate, because typically their hybrid equity packages are no more than 10 pages at most, and the signers only sign 2 pages. Easy money. I’ve been in this business, a very long time and know better than to accept low ball offers.To my absolute astonishment when I received the docs, I received the package for 195 pages plus full scan backs and print 2nd set? I fell out in laughter thinking REALLY? Well needless to say I said to myself “I don’t think so” and I gave it back to them due to unforeseen circumstances, gave the consumer a courtesy call that something unforeseen came up, and they would be hearing from another notary😊. How offensive and disrespectful to our profession. KNOW YOUR WORTH PEOPLE.

11 Likes

@SunnySideNotaryllc I’ve linked several threads for you in response to your query above.

:swan:

1 Like

lo ball fees are greedy signing companies preying on desperate newbie notaries or the guise of getting your feet wet
out here they offer 30 for loan mods 30 plus minutes away with 75 pages plus to print
print, prep, travel, sign, drop docs =about 1.45 hours for $30.00?? ok you do it …
travel 90 min plus and 2 hours plus back plus sign time 45 min plus then scan time and drop docs a re fi package with full scan backs $75.00
etc etc etc thats lo balling
look at the CD and title pages for fees for notary …and wait 30-45 days to be paid…
sorry the re fi job is $250 .

3 Likes

OMG Jenn. I’ve never seen the one yet that says don’t leave a signing to drop docs then return. I’m sure if it says it, someone has actually done it. Oh my.

2 Likes

yes, I was shocked to see that myself. although I just found out there’s a fed ex shipping center near my home where The express cutoff time is 8:00pm!!! WOWZA!!! :heart_eyes::notes:

3 Likes