Stamp not inking

Hello all,
I use a 2260 stamp and when I refill the ink, it is only inking the sides and is leaving a streak down the middle that is not getting any ink. I tried adding more ink and lying it on it’s side overnight, but nothing seems to be working. I cleaned it with tape, tried a little water, and used a stamp pad but it will not hold the ink. Any advice for how to fix this? Thanks

After a while, pads stop retaining ink. If your pad is removable, just buy a new one. You can find most on Amazon.

My stamp is where you pull it apart and there are 4 holes you drop ink into. The holes are along the corners of the stamp but no ink seems to be going in the middle, so it leaves a faint mark in the center. I have a new stamp coming tomorrow but have a signing today and can’t get this stamp inking properly.

(CA) Probably a defective stamp; get a new one that won’t let you down.

I bought the old style wood handled stamp and use a ink pad. Fewer moving parts, more reliable, and you can pick up a fresh ink pad at any office supply.

1 Like

If you can get to the pad, smear a very little bit of ink around in the middle. very little !!