Stewart Title Non Payment

10/29/2020, I did a signing for $150 with Stewart Title in San Antonio TX and I live in Dallas. After repeated attempts and promises they would contact their accounting department for follow up, I’m still waiting for my check after 45 days. Should I file a complaint with the company or should I wait it out? I will tell you, after 2 times of this since my beginning my business in August 2020, I want to quit. I need somebody with wisdom and experience to advise me.

1 Like

Send them a final notice letting them know they are in breach of agreement and a final date to receive payment and if not received by the deadline you will be contacting your lawyer.

This is why I will NOT work for Signing Service companies. We are supposed to give them our agreement and terms of payment not them give us an agreement to sign.

If you choose to do business with them again, create and agreement and make them pay you via PayPal before doing anymore work because of their breach of agreement.

God bless and hope you get paid soon.

1 Like

I did one signing with them back in August, and got paid like 30-45 days after. One of my first signings with them, heavy volume of paper and can’t remember, but almost sure, scanbak included. Didn’t like to work for them :confused:

I’m going to sound like such a newbie here but it’s who I am right now, we are supposed to give them an agreement?? Where can I find this magical document?

I had a similar issue with a lawyer who stated he already sent the check and he didn’t want to pay the stop payment fee at the bank. I told him I never endorsed any check and emailed him every week. My persistence paid off. It was for $50 because the client was a no show and I printed 300 pages and traveled to the home. It took 41 days for him to pay that amount.

1 Like

You have to think like a business owner and not an employee. There is no magical document. You create your own document or agreement.

I’m new at this since June 2020. But I’m also a business owner prior to this loan signing stuff.

You also need to search this forum for the bad signing services and the good ones before you do anymore signings.

2 Likes

First of all, title companies should never take that long to pay - since they’re disbursing the funds the money should move quicker.

@debbiestrauch find out what agency regulates title companies in TX and file a complaint with them; also, if the particular branch is run by an attorney, report them to the TX Bar Association.

That should all go over like a lead balloon but you may finally get payment. Good Luck

1 Like

I hope you received your payment without having to go to extremes with them. I have done 1 signing with them, and I have been twice told that my w-9 doesn’t match what the IRS has on file - and they are saying that because they are a publicly traded company, this erroneous information is keeping them from issuing payment. I find it extremely irritating that no other company has had any problem issuing payment to my business. I have for the 3rd time uploaded a new w-9. Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Yea, agreed …the first sentence in our profile states: We accept signings from TC’s and attorneys ONLY.