Suggestions

I signed up with multiple dashboards for Notary jobs. What are other avenues would you suggest to bring in more revenue? What companies are great to sign-up with that will bring continuous work? What companies should I stay away from?

1 Like

Unfortunately, the mortgage is running very slow, almost non-existent in many parts of the US. Depending on the State you reside, there’s also an over saturation of notaries in the market that has further diluted the number of available engagements. In other words continuous work is probably not a good adjective phrase I’d use right now.

Don’t be surprised is others will offer some rather shallow advice such ‘just market yourself’, ‘go title direct’, or set up a google business account. Such advice without the details won’t help your income. Many of your competitors are reluctant to help their fellow notaries in a highly competitive environment.

Many of use are suggesting for the time being that NSAs look for different streams of income, setting up a different business, until things improve.

1 Like

@aresia By any chance, have you had an opportunity to review in-depth the thread I referenced for you on 26JUN23 within this post? It is a tried & true Roadmap to Guide you along the way OR it can assist you in determining if the current market will be unable to sustain you financially . . .

======

Here is the direct Notary Cafe url to the thread. As previously indicated, start your review at the top of the thread.

:swan:

I will also throw my $.02 in FWIW - @aresia being in Georgia doesn’t help you as you can’t close loans on GA properties - it’s been said you can do out-of-state properties but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. So, your options are limited to General Notary Work (GNW) which (sorry, @RiverpointeTax ) is all up to you in your marketing.

Riverpointe Tax Have you heard of the overages business? what is your opinion on that one if you don’t mind me asking.

Jenn, I’m assuming your referring to property tax overages post tax foreclosure. If so I’m not able to advise you on this as this isn’t area I practice in. I’m sure there’s plenty of information on the internet you can search for. Keep in mind that property tax matters are State specific, meaning what works in one State ay not do the same in others. Make certain you do your due diligence before moving forward.

Mark

1 Like

thanks.
After what research I have done I think it’s going to be a “no” for me anyway

1 Like

Looked into today and decided it was risky for me.

1 Like

@aresia In Georgia the law states that an attorney is required for the notarization of real estate documents for property located in Georgia. If the property is located outside of Georgia, an attorney is not required (OCGA 44-14-13 [b]).

We as Georgia notaries can conduct out-of-state signings. I have been getting plenty of them. I yield many signings from direct contact from NNA signing agent profile and also Snapdocs. I register with as many companies as I possibly can. I have been doing signings for over ten years but took a sabbatical for two years.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.