Temp side hustle

GOOD MORNING EXCELLENT NOTARIES! I tip my hat ( although I never wear one) to your most excellent experience and advice. In Alabama right now I’m only getting two or three signings a week. Either there are a lot of people trying out the notary life style, or it’s just really slow. I am looking for other side hustles that involve driving I know about DoorDash and that is a possibility, but I hear that there are a lot of door Dashers out there, I was looking at medical courier and applied at one company_no response yet. what is your side side hustle?

1 Like

That’s a big change from working with sensitive and important documents to delivering food as a DoorDash driver.

3 Likes

Teaching English as a second language on line is a good one if you like being at home, not driving :wink: Look up vip kid

1 Like

How much do they pay my name sake ( Ginny is my nick😇)

I know a retired nurse that does both the notary and DoorDash. She really likes it a lot, but she lives in Birmingham, which is a much more lucrative area.

1 Like

When I was working there it was like 20-25 per hour but it may have changed
There are other companies that pay different rates just look up English as a second language if your interested

1 Like

I am! thanks for the tip

@genevawilkerson33 You are very wise to seek additional ways to generate income. In 2019 a loan signing agent out of Maryland shared some information that changed the way I shop (I live in FL), but I was able to earn money too. As entrepreneurs, we got to be creative and keep an eye out for business ventures that can be profitable. I may know a way to help you, well at least share some ideals. For example, have you ever considered property inspection? If you are open to talk, shoot me an email carlfletcher.businesses@gmail.com.

2 Likes

NOthing wrong with it. I have done it too when it’s slow.
Big change but grateful that I can adjust.

2 Likes

I turned my side hustle doing Tax Preparation into my main gig. It’s been slow to turn but the growth opportunities are there. I still catch the occasional loan closing, but no turn down last minute and low ball offerings.

2 Likes

Hi there!

There’s so many ways to diversify your income. Believe me I’m still learning. Do you follow Side Hustle Seattle on YouTube? Check her our when you get a chance. She posted a video on “15 Things you can do with your commission or add to your business”. Here’s the link:

5 Likes

Important to note, VIPkid requires a bachelor’s degree and at least two
years of experience.

1 Like

There’s other companies too that require less, you just have to look them up. There are quite a few youtubers that give advice on finding the best company to work with :wink:

I will check her out. I also like the idea of a medical courier.

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning. Thanks for the additional details.

Not if you like driving and don’t want a high stress sise side hustle😎

I am also a Tax preparer but after tax season I serve subpoenas, I take pictures of properties for investment banks, I notaries more at the county jail, I do I-9 forms. These are not big money jobs but they require no printing and very little time, Any combination of 4 of these a day will bring in $250 to $300 a day.

1 Like

Fingerprinting is working for me since things have slowed down. Looking at doing more RON

1 Like

I received a call from an attorney and wanted me to go to county jail to have a POA notarized. 1. How did you get ID? 2. How would you get credible witnesses if needed?

I would add to your list
3. How do they know if I’m comfortable going to a jail?