The BBB isn’t real!

I feel kind of dumb for not knowing this but did y’all know the BBB is actually kinda a scam?! It’s not real.
The “bureau” used that word in their name because it makes them sound official. But the BBB is NOT affiliated with the Government at ALL!

The BBB offers “memberships” - paid memberships. This gets you preferential treatment to have negative reviews taken down and a higher letter status.

If you don’t join - you can still be listed - but your rating will not be high and all complaints will be shown.

So members with high status and A ratings may actually be as ‘bad’ as the ones with lower letter ratings and published complaints.

Do not be fooled into thinking that the BBB matters… it doesn’t.

I can’t believe I’m an almost 50 year old adult and I’ve only just recently learned of this and looked into it myself.

1 Like

@jamiesignsit Quite true. Many aren’t cognizant of the facts surrounding the BBB.

It also brings to mind another “association” that definitely is a FOR-PROFIT BUSINESS and certainly doesn’t advocate for the members . . . See these specific threads on this topic below. Also, included direct experience further down in this thread.

======

My personal experience:
When I initially started performing this work, I successfully completed MULTIPLE training/certification programs including Notary2Pro & NNA and many others. I have extensive experience in skill sets that require certification and recurrent evaluation tests; i.e., I’ve maintained my Project Management Professional [PMP] certification for more than 20 years. So, I understand what it usually entails and the elements that should be included within a comprehensive training program.

Regarding the NNA training specifically, it’s lacking across multiple topics & categories. Many NNA “graduates” choose to take additional training courses elsewhere, because they sense they’re insufficiently prepared. Their primer has errors throughout. Their hotline is less than reliable for accurate responses.

In my experience with undergoing the multiple training programs for certified notary signing agent [CNSA] certification, hands-down without question, Carol Ray’s Notary2Pro training programs are optimum in this industry. I’ve successfully completed ALL of the multiple training/certification programs that Carol offers through her company Notary2Pro. Her programs are thorough & detailed. These also prepare the business owner to operate a business. In addition, she offers Mentoring services. I found those to be excellent & INVALUABLE when I was initially starting out in this business sector. The prices are surprisingly reasonable. :white_check_mark:

I’ve professionally compared the training/certification programs available at Notary2Pro with the others I’ve successfully completed. The ONLY training/certification program I recommend is Notary2Pro.

A list of companies that hire Notary2Pro graduates (with minimal or no experience) is provided to successful course graduates. => This list is pure GOLD! Study up, refresh your notes, & let Carol know when your initial few signings are scheduled. She is a wonderful mentor & can be on standby in case you encounter difficulties or have questions during your first few signings. She’s the Best! Her support will help you Build your Confidence in providing this service. :trophy::white_check_mark:

In addition, Notary2Pro works diligently to keep this list up-to-date regarding vetting and viability. As we all know, some reliable clients can encounter financial difficulties and that, in turn, can negatively impact CNSAs directly.

Of course, your best bet would be to visit their website at https://www.notary2pro.com/ , research, and make the choices appropriate for your situation. The training programs by Carol Ray are comprehensive & thorough. :sparkles::tada::sunglasses:

=> NOTE: We lost Carol this year. Her passing has left many quite sad. I understand that Notary2Pro will continue moving forward through the support of her children.

P.S. I receive no compensation or remuneration of any type or kind as a result of my first-hand experiential review above.

:swan:

1 Like

your paying for advertising and brand recognition…if you’re a business take it as a write-off at the end of the year, as with most things now you must pay to play…

Most people still search for companies on there (BBB) especially when it’s time to complain…

You are paying them to promote your business in a positive light…same with google yelp, etc…

Yep… known that for years. Ditto cNsa5’s statement.

2 Likes

Definitely no secret here. They are a “pay to play” entity and not a regulatory authority like some think. The sole fact that they “charge” is the prime clue.

1 Like

AHAHAHAHA that’s great well what’s real anymore anyway

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.