The Well is Dry!

Also looking for side-side hustles #justsaynotoretailwork

Yeah i drove 20000 miles last year. I doubled my income this year but of course I got to pay the IRS 1200 not fun

1 Like

IRS is not your friend……

1 Like

I do 300-500 per week with my off hand. (If I say “left”, I’ll get into political trouble :laughing:)

1 Like

How do you have time to do the jobs if you’re driving that much??? Something doesn’t add up. At an average of 60 miles per hour, that’s four hours minimum of driving. C’mon, dude…**

2 Likes

4-5 appts a day, appts take 30 mins avg= 2-2.5 hours

• Driving, 3-5 hrs a day. Usually start at 9 or 10am, end at 6 with breaks in between to send emails, drop docs, print docs, etc

(CA) OK, OK, I’m not going to get into dispute mode (really, no offense is intended here, or ever), and I surely don’t wish for a detailed accounting of anyone’s time, but 30 minutes average on any signing seems, shall I say, unrealistic. Seconds count when the assertion is “30 minutes” and every action one performs takes time. For instance, I move pretty quickly and I have trouble getting a typical 125 page signing done in under 40 minutes, at best. If I went any faster, I’d be rude or forgetful or making the signers feel rushed. That’s just me.

I don’t know, folks, all these ‘efficiency’ claims and volume performance in a market that’s turning south right before our eyes, seems funny (not humorous) to me. I am NOT calling anyone out, including Dragon, but as a former bank auditor and productivity analyst, I remain skeptical. I don’t wish to challenge anyone; rather, I’m just stating an opinion to get it off my chest, I guess.

Kinda like: How big was that fish you caught??? How big??

4 Likes

You can be skeptical, it doesn’t bother me, lol.
After 1500 shouldn’t I be efficient?

This is literally all I do every day for 1.5 years.

I check IDs, give the oath, cover CD/Alta and give one-liners if we’re not already chatting.
When you you work with the same clients, you know the docs in your sleep. A trainwreck closing for me is an hour.

After the CD/Alta, they already know how detailed and knowledgable I am. At that point I start making convo about their kids, pets, whatever and the rest flies by since I’ve established trust.

Another critical difference is I have an electronic journal(MD) where you probably have a physical one. So I prep the digital entry ahead of time, they sign it at the end of the appt(massive time savings).

I use an electronic journal as well, saves a ton of time. Digital thumbprints, too.
I now see how you do it. You have “same clients” which does indeed save time. My repeaters love me and I get them done very quickly because we all know the drill. It’s the first-timers, folks over 80 and other qualified groups that require more time for explanations, or, they read each document fully (though I use all the reasons for not so doing), some question everything, that kill my run-times. Otherwise, I’d be greased lightning :innocent:

1 Like

I forgot to clarify— I am a widow and i have VA benefits as well as my husbands Social Security. I honestly would not do this as a full-time job. it’s possible but only if there are two wage earners in the house. I know I have a tendency to be a workaholic so I really have to pace myself. this is good enough for me. but honestly I would not do this as a full-time job if I was just trying to support myself. I would have a back up plan. The chances of me dying in
a car wreck increase exponentially with my workaholic behavior as well as does the stress on my body and my heart. I know a dear friend who passed away from a heart attack —probably from family history —but I know he probably was a workaholic

I am totally disgusted with the lowering of fees, lack of work, and the indifference from the title companies. I used to read Notarycafe to feel better; and of course it still makes me feel like I’m alone. But when I see the gas prices and the interest rate going up, I know why. I feel worse for the
notaries that are put in the position of struggling because this is their only income. Thank goodness my husband and I have social security, otherwise we’d been SOL. I’m trying Craigslist. Just got
a response to launder checks from Nigeria. Of course the response didn’t say that but I know they weren’t local by the fact that they wrote me at 2:00 in the morning and they are paying $700 a week for working a couple of hours a week as a bookkeeper.

1 Like

Watch out for anything Nigeria, folks! No matter how realistic or tempting any offer may be, it is phony. Guaranteed!! I used to track these vicious crooks down in my former profession and I know first hand how terrible it can be if these people get to sink their fangs into the unwitting victim. DO NOT fall for any line, trick, BS from anyone from Nigeria. They mean you only harm and they are VERY VERY good at fleecing people. You have been warned.

2 Likes

Hi Bobby,

Yep. I am well aware. Thanks for your response.

Karen

Well, the well is not all dried up every where. Been giving away orders back about 2 to 5 a week. I am in a dilemma here, and right now I am about to give away this one! Ugh:( I’m over booked for the 1st week of May already. I have to give one back for now for May 3rd closing! :cry:
It is going to be very painful to give away a $210 for a quick hybrid closing!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

I envy you. I don’t know how you get these wonderful offers that exceed $150. I have yet to get an offer that exceeds $130 and that was a biggie. You’re like a magnet for some of these.
I’m a nice guy
I’m experienced
I’m ready, willing and able
I’m kind to old ladies, young children and animals
I don’t speed (well, not usually. . . well, not too often, anyway)
I watch my weight
I’m not bad looking
Signings for $200???
Bupkus

3 Likes

I am such a bad ass…
I negotiated this hybrid closing from total fee $210 to $260:) dancing……got my mojo back…

3 Likes

You are right Angela, 100% I was always doing the same thing like you but in a different way, sarcastic a little, but I was threathened with suspension, now I just log in the blog just to be amazed and amused for all the fantastic posts from some notaries doing hundreds of signings at the same time posting lenghtly pieces with no value for us hard working Notaries.

1 Like

Bobby, there is a new brand of NSA that goes into the realm of “Marvel Notaries” fantastic!

YOU are the bomb!!! Lololol…how long did this one take you, BTW?

I don’t know it’s not until next week! Shouldn’t be more than a half hour.

1 Like