Thebestnotary.net is scam?

I accepted the order of I9 verification from The Best Notary. They called me to schedule a zoom meeting and down an app for an appointment . This is first time to hear about this procedure. Is it scam?

@vwuhomes Great Question! No direct experience with that business entity, but I’ll refer you to the GOLDMINE that is found within the Database of threads at the Notary Cafe Forums.

It can be found here (see image below) - albeit not easily as it’s nearly invisible according to most Notary Cafe members:

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client (or directories) prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

Here is a sampling of the available threads on this business entity that reference them & that you may find helpful:

NOTE: This last thread specifically would cause most to RUN AWAY from this business entity as being on the VenBooks list recommends to AVOID: “VenBooks had deemed these companies bad companies for any number of reasons including gross non-payment, unethical behavior, or fraud. We strongly suggest you stay clear of these companies.

Of course, please perform your own Search as you’ll probably find additional helpful information!

:swan:

I9 verification is NOT a Notary Public job… There’s nothing to notarize…

@mannie1950 most of the time. I had one once where the employer provided a notary cert to be comp!eted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.