Think Outside The Box!

So I built a house with a builder a year ago and learned a few things. I happen to live in a “popular” area where there are multiple subdivisions being built all over the place by multiple different builders. In my case, when I closed on my loan, I learned that the mortgage company I went through was a “sister company” owned by the builder, and some are even “in bed” with certain lenders. Although you are free to choose any lender, they pushed their own and I bought in because of the seller credits they were offering for doing so. I was chatting at the table with their “in house” notary and exchanged experiences with her. Long story short, I found out that they frequently hired out for notaries just because they couldn’t keep up with demand. Interest rates didn’t effect their business much, because there was no pre-existing housing inventory, so many were forced to build, especially if they were adamant about living in this “popular” area.
It appears everything I read on NSA’s looking for work focuses on the “pre-existing” housing market and interest rates as they relate to REFI’s. “Think Outside The Box” See what’s going on in your area with new builds in your area. Reach out to builders and see who they work with or “push” (lender wise) to their buyers. Let them know who you are and what you do! Also, (if your comfortable with it) get your mind out of the “residential” mindset and look into commercial. Most commercial buildings (high rise office buildings/complexes, parking garages, stores, strip malls, etc.) are ran by Property Management companies that not only buy and sell properties all the time, but also conduct lease contracts (which require notarization in many states). Make the down time work for you!

2 Likes

That is a great idea… thanks for sharing

2 Likes

I know I babble a lot (got some down time) but every now and again I throw something good out there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

I think I have suggested, “working with builders” in Notary Cafe a few times y’all!! Anybody listening? Nope, probably didn’t even notice the suggestions:). LOL :grin:.

1 Like

Link your posts to get them there. Good info!

Congratulations! I bet it was fun watching your home being built from scratch! Amazing feeling I’m sure.
I remember those days, I had my first home built from scratch when I was 25. I will never forget that day because they ignored me when I was trying to talk to them they thought I was too young looking therefore I couldn’t possibly have a decent job or money. They didn’t want to waste their time with me! :weary: After looking at the model homes I selected one and said I want this one, a 5-bedrooms home and gave them a deposit and they were like….shocked because I was just a single young kid. :joy:

2 Likes

I went through a national builder (Fischer Homes). At the time I signed, they were #49 out of the top 100 builders in the country. But to reflect on my previous post, there are 219 homes yet to be built in my subdivision alone. My subdivision is only 2 years old, and we were house #33 when we signed. The roads in the subdivision alone will equal 4.5 miles alone (decent sized lots/ average 1/2 acre).

1 Like

That was before my time…:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I get Thank you for that. You dropped some valuable knowledge. I will certainly look in to that. My dilemma is I am in an “Attorney State” and “ALL” closings here must be with an Attorney. All the closings I get are from other states.
Any other suggestions or comments will be welcomed.