Timing with Signing

When you have your day all mapped out? and then you get one of those signers that have to read everything line by line before they signing including the Security Instrument “Mortage” how do you discreetly tell them “I really do not have the time for you to do that :slightly_smiling_face:” Within 45 minutes of signing I am getting an email from lender to confirm the status of the closing.

I’m not sure but I’d think you need to schedule more time. I would not rush anyone in signing. I think they should read and understand every thing they sign or am I missing something?

1 Like

Share the ethic’s at the start of signing.
Let them know they are primarily signing documents in the rear, meaning they have already approved everything and your there to make sure the wet signing is accurate. You will not be able to change anything. I share must of this on the confirmation call and again before we review the Closing Disclosure in detail. But every file is different. Never Rush, but set up the signing guidelines.

1 Like

Yea, totally understand. I do not rush them. I just sit and waiting. I have one signing that I waiting for 3 hours for the signers to read and google stuffs. But then I am getting email, asking why the closing is not done yet. lol… But thank you for your feedback appreciate it.

Yes clients are entitled to read - but this should have been tended to prior to your arrival. If they’re reading every word, a call to LO, SS and title is in order - and a reschedule is called for - I would not sit there while they read every word AND googled stuff??? Oh no…time is money and your next clients are just as important as they are.

3 Likes

One thing that I was taught and have to remember is we are in a customer service style profession. Not only service to the companies, but also to the signers. Part of customer service is permitting them to be able to read what they are signing for. Think if the roles are reversed and you are signing for $100K, $200K, or even $500K, you would want to make sure that someone gave you the time to understand and read anything and everything you wanted. At my company, we go ahead and plan every signing to take 2 hours, not only for your reading signers but also, especially here lately, your unforeseen mistakes by the companies. If you are only permitting yourself about an hour and you run into a problem and can not reach someone immediately, you may end up sitting at the table for 30 minutes before being able to correct the issue.

And in my opinion, the lenders and title companies can learn to be patient because we are doing a service for their clients. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I truly appreciate all the feedback that I got, this is a learning process for me and I will definitely take all the advice that I have received as Jaiden stated we are in a customer service profession and of course my goal is to always exceed the expectations of my clients which includes the lender and the signer.
I am grateful for this forum, and the learning experience I have so far received in helping me to become a preferred Notary Loan Agent… Thank you all for your continuous support and guidnace.

1 Like