Title saying they did not receive documents

So I did a notarization for Elevated Title via snapdocs out here in Tucson AZ back on 12/11. I shipped the docs Fedex on Sat the 12th, uploaded the receipt to the portal and can see they say delivered the following Monday via the tracking number. I get a text like a week later asking if I shipped the documents and I send the receipt copy and tell them yeah i sent them. Another week goes by and he asks me if i am sure i didnt misplace them and i say no i shipped them. I tried following up again but they stopped responding. I know they didnt get mixed up because all the other documents i shipped that day arrived to where they needed to be with no issue. I am worried they will blame me and not pay me for the job or write something terrible about me on my profile and i lose work. Ive never had an issue with delivering docs before. This is just really odd to me. Its like they were delivered and misplaced or something. Has anyone had an issue like this before?

You can go to the FedEx website, track the package, get date and time of delivery and possibly where it was delivered (i.e. front desk, door, garage, etc).

With the holiday rush it’s not out of the question that it got misdelivered or lost in the shuffle - title may well have lost it too. If you get the above info and can prove it’s not your fault, make sure you get a fee if they need a resign.

Good Luck

I had another thought. Can you check the property records to see if the deed of trust recorded? The one that you notarized? If that deed of trust did in fact record, they got the package and that loan funded.

Just another thought. The person who contacted you may be out of the loop and totally unaware that everything is under control

Yeah the fedex site even hads a name for the person who signed for it at the title agency. They are just making ne feel like its gonna be my fault regardless.

Make a copy of…you’re golden … Nothing like throwng a lying SS under the bus

I had one once who lost a purchase cashier’s check…it was my fault til I asked the scheduler “did YOU open the package?” - she admitted she did not and they went back to the person who received the package…sure enough, the check was in the FedEx envelope in her garbage!