Today I've learned that I will not accept no signing under $125

I agree, I have stopped taking anything under $100.00 I have started counter offering the lowball fees, that are just insulting. People at McDonalds make more then us sometimes. And they have no expenses!

A Canon image runner. It was a bit expensive but it allows me to work faster and then I can take more work.

Is that a laser printer too, mm?

Yes. None of my mortgages allow me to print on an inkjet.

Is that a printer, too, Jay? I am new and trying to decide how much equipment to buy getting started.

Most of the jobs I see let you know up front if they require scanbacks. I hate them. It requires a double trip, once to the signing and once to FedEx. I bought a mobile scanner but not sure it will work unless I drag my laptop with me.

I was watching a request for Notary yesterday for an area that was too far from me. They started at $85. Three hours later they were up to $190 with only an hour and a half left to the signing. They also wanted it overnighted that day, although by 3 oā€™clock, nothing would go out anymore in the area. If they had just started with a reasonable amount of money in the first place, they couldā€™ve gotten the job done early and had it gone out on time. I try not to take jobs under $125, and give myself at least two hours to get it organized, as I am living in a somewhat remote location. I find that rushing causes mistakes, and I donā€™t want to make them.

7 Likes

How do you get a scanner to work mobile from the back of your Jeep . I just ordered a Epson 200 scanner but donā€™t know how to do that.

Totally see this too little/too late scenario many times. They can be dumber than a box of rocks.

Thanks Myshadodwmax ā€“ so much to learn! Alicia

Iā€™m in the same spotā€¦ Iā€™m getting next to NO texts from signing services. Iā€™m in GA, an attorney state, so thereā€™s that. Iā€™m also diversifying my income streamā€¦ beyond loan signings. No choice.

We need the experience; and the fact that signing agencies are NOT giving (me) the opportunity to earn business with accurate signingsā€¦ Iā€™m taking low ball offers, just to launch and earn endorsements. Call me ā€˜dumbā€™ if you like. But NEWBIES donā€™t have leverage to make counter offers; and all signing agencies know it.

(Full disclosure: The notary line in the CD breaks my heart, when I see a signing services taking more than half of what the pkg specified for Notary Services.)

Now Iā€™m visiting attorneys offices where I hope to establish relationships and get direct assignments.

1 Like

Thank you for doing all the math!

Why not be a tax preparer/bookkeeper?

I did take offers for less than $100, but I quickly learned who to network and went direct. Now I donā€™t leave my officer for less than $125. I am doing quitclam deed signings for $75. For me it was all about marking and learning who was in my circle. I got with those who had my answers an got away from those who where complaining.

With that education and connections are the key. Network and market, you will see a difference.

4 Likes

Tax preparer/bookkeeper are not for me. I love what Iā€™m doing now.
Thanks.

Yea that must be hard being in an attorney state.

Iā€™m not sure ā€˜hardā€™ is the right word, but being in an attorney state (IMHO) is more challenging.
I LOVE rising to new challenges though.
LSAs in attorney states have to REALLY know our stateā€™s law, because we are OFTEN asked to do things that work in 45 other states, but not where we live.
have to slow things down, get redraws on things, so docs will record properly.

SS shy away from this too.
But the LAW always wins.

Thank you for breaking it down. The numbers donā€™t lie.

:rofl: That is your fault that it took 3 hours to scan back the docs.

From reading all the postsā€¦ I think the bottom line is: Letā€™s all try to stick together in an effort to get these Signing Companies to pay us a little more. Wouldnā€™t that be nice?
I am not sure how we can do thatā€¦
Sometimes, depending on my mood, I will take a Refi for $110 (which is the lowest Iā€™ve taken in a long time) But, sometime the signing fits perfectly within my schedule. -time and location.
I like to say, $150 and nothing lowerā€¦ But that would mean 1 signing every other day.
I have a regular job, so One signing a Day works for me ā€“ but maybe, not for everyone else. I took one for $135 today.

2 Likes