Tricks on Sending Large Scanbacks? 💌

Try this free pdf splitter, I use it all the time

I experience this today but thank goodness they allowed me to email it to them.

My Scan & Upload Procedure:

I scan docs using the Epson ES-300WR and save as a single 300dpi or higher .pdf file to my NSA folder on my computer. Make certain that the size of the file as saved on my hard drive is small enough to email or upload to the client host portal. If it is too large I must open the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro and compress it so that it will be small enough to upload. Once I’m satisfied with the reduced file size, I saved it as a second file, appending the name with ‘-comp’ (for compressed) and transmit it via email or client upload portal.

If I have to email, I always send docs with encrypted email with password.

1 Like

Thats all well and good but when you speak about scanbacks I see the problem as having to come home as print shops charge alot of money, The time, disruption and missing shipping or having to go out again to drive a half an hour to get loan shipped is a real hassle. I live in Shasta County and a print shop in Mt Shasta got a new machine that charges very little for scanbacks and in most cases the tile company will reimburse and they ship fedex or ups! That works great when I am traveling North.

Honestly, I try to avoid taking scan back because it is very time consuming and thus less lucrative. I think I took no more than 5 scan back jobs last year. None this year so far.

The one thing that helped me reduce the size greatly, was making sure that it was black and white and not color. I find my Adobe subscription for $15.99 a month invaluable. I can fill & documents easily without ever having to print or scan. And basically you can do any damn thing you want with a PDF. I don’t want to do without it.

As far as scanning goes I have a little Epson scanner that has a rechargeable battery. I can either plug it in at the table or I can use it in my car. Although it can only scan 100 Pages at a time before having to save the document, but I do send multiple files so I just called them file1 and file2. I don’t sweat it and I charge more for it.

1 Like

I found this free Adobe file compression app: Compress PDFs online for free | Adobe Acrobat

1 Like

I have the pro version of Adobe and the monthly fee is a business expense that I add to my deductions. I use the tool to combine documents and organize. If I get a scanner jam, I save that version of the scan, pull out the jammed page(s) and put those at the top of my new scan. Then I combine the scans and use the organize tool to delete the distorted pages. When it saves the new edited scan it will use the same name but add the (1) next to it or you can save the edited set under a new name.

1 Like

I use smallpdf.com, that allows me to compress, edit, merge and create PDFs with easy when I have scan backs.

1 Like

Easiest and cheapest thing to do is split it into sections, I do 30-35 pages a section and label it “Order # whatever, section 1” so on and so on… I use the Adobe scan program downloaded to my phone, Can do 150 pages in less than 30 minutes, most packages are less than 150 pages, you can do a sellers pack start to finish in less than 15 minutes… and the program is free. I only have one SS that won’t use Google drive… and they’ll take anybody else.

PDF COMPRESS

Use any one of the free programs to make the file smaller. Mission accomplished.

I lowered the resolution so that the scans are only black and white. This allows more pages per batch and the quality is always good enough that I haven’t had any complaints.

That’s what I’ve always done. If it’s more than 100 pgs, I divide it up 3xs. I’ve never had a company to complain in 2.5 yrs!

1 Like

Little over 3 years here and I finally got an Epson scanner. Scans 100 pages at a time very fast. Usually only 2 files but the most is 3.
Love this forum!

I use ILOVEPDF.com
It is free to start (I think Ive been using it free for about a year), then it is $6 a year, which is still almost free.
This site will compress large PDF files in seconds.
It also converts PDF to World to JPG and vice versa.
Also, it offers electronical signatures, merging files, separating files, and so much more for just $6 a year. I use it a lot.