Tricks on Sending Large Scanbacks? 💌

Hey does anyone have a trick for large scan backs?? If your document is over 25MB and you send it through gmail, it has to be sent via google drive. Normally, that would be fine, but most signing services say their “system” blocks them from opening this very helpful tool
 So, that means that even after scanning the docs, I then have to pull up a third party website to split the pdf into 4, 5, or 6 different segments and then send those emails one at a time to attach the pdf.

It seems very inefficient.
Does anyone have a better way of sending the entire scanned pdf in one email? And why can’t signing services open google drive? Thanks.

Check out your scan settings. If the scan is capturing color at 300dpi, trying monochrome and reducing to 150dpi.

Those who have Acrobat software can also select option to “reduce file size”.

Another suggestion if a package is huge: do not scan the entire package all at once. Divide in half or into thirds, depending on how big the package is. Then scan and save into separate pdf files, being sure to name the pdf files so that hiring company can discern at a glance. For example
SMITH_scan_1of3
SMITH_scan_2of3
SMITH_scan_3of3

13 Likes

You might get away with 150dpi, but I’ve seen several companies that specifically state ‘no less than 200dpi’. (Might be a ‘quality of original unsigned docs’ issue.) Other than that, Carmen_Lane has it right. Break it up before scanning.

6 Likes

No need to spend the time breaking up the package before scanning. If you save as a PDF file, you can open the file then go into your tools tab on the ADOBE menu and select organize pages → split → number of pages (or file size). ADOBE will automatically save and number the split document to the file location as name_part1; name_part2, etc. and maintain the full document as the original. That is helpful since sometimes you are required to upload the full document to a website portal and send the document via email to another location. It’s rare that the full document will be too large to upload to a portal, but sometimes that happens. In either case, you have both sets.

10 Likes

You have to pay monthly for adobe to use those functions, I’m afraid.

I don’t pay for a monthly ADOBE subscription. I use the one loaded onto my PC when I upgraded it. I think it was an additional program to upload with all my other features and I’m pretty sure it was less than $50. But, that was five or so years ago. Perhaps it’s changed now.

Are you scanning in loan docs, and then emailing them? How are you encrypting the email?

I use a PDF program called Nuance. You can password protect your email message. You have to send a second email to receiver with the password.

Another thing you don’t want to do in Adobe is to divide up your PDF by printing using “print to PDF” to create a new file to send with less pages. Adobe can increase your MB’s by three fold. Been there and done that.

Change the security setting on your email to enable encryption. It’s on the same options tab.as high importance, return read receipt, delay send. If you dont immediately see it click for more options.

3 Likes

Noblenotary615
Happy New Year!

You are right. The reader is free, but the software must be purchased to use it. Acrobat is a necessary and valuable business expense for me, only about $240/year.

Did reducing dpi in scan settings resolve the issue?

It’s accurate that you can purchase a monthly subscription to ADOBE Acrobat. But it is also true that you can purchase a software package that, with your authentication key, you can download to your computer that contains all the features you will need for creating and modifying documents. If you purchase a version from the year prior (2021, 2020) you can get it with deep discounts, often less than $50. I believe that’s what I did several years ago. When the downloaded version becomes obsolete after about 3 years, you upgrade, again with a version from the prior year. I believe I may have done this once. You don’t get a few designer support features that you would get with one of their specialized programs like Creative Cloud. But, I’ve found I don’t need photoshop and some of those other features to interact with documents.

1 Like

There are free apps to reduce the size of your file without having to separate it
try LightPDF
it installs just like an actual printer. Also, what I have found is that my HP scanner makes the file too large , even on 150dpi while my Brother scanner does not (I can scan 200 pages or more in 300dpi on my Brother and the file size is less than 10MB). After buying the Brother, I didn’t use the app any longer
but the app did work. It’s a real hassle separating.

It is not necessary to electronically separate. Just scan the first 100 pages of the executed loan package, pause and save. Then scan the next 100 pages, pause and save. Etc.

3 Likes

I would try a lower resolution and dropbox. can you use dropbox? Also did you try compressing the documents? it will make it a lot smaller

Use www.ilovePDF.com to compress the file. It’s free.

3 Likes

I break it up into scan 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 etc. Fortunately my scanner will divide the document into specific pages. FASS is one of the websites that cannot take a large document.

There is a free file merger with Adobe. I use it all the time. It takes your files and makes it into one combined file, so all you have to upload is the one combined file. It is free and I love it. So, for example, if you scan 4 sets of documents, you go to the combiner, upload them and then hit “combine” and it gives you a single combined file. You then upload the combined file.

I just scan about 50 pages at a time and upload them as docs1, docs2, etc. I have had no issues with using this process.

1 Like