Unassigned within minutes of being assigned

Hello,

Just today I accepted a job in my inbox, and was immediately assigned, received an email with the link and instructions. Literally within 5 minutes, I received a call from the client asking if I was still assigned to it, because on his side it showed I was assigned one minute and then it was assigned to another, and then yet another. While speaking with this client, I checked the SA’s portal, and sure enough I was no longer assigned. The client this particular signing has been changed 16 times and he just wanted to get it done.
Just to see if I’ll get a response, I quickly shot off an email to the SA, advising them that the client called me asking if I was the assigned notary. I asked for confirmation. So far, crickets.

Has anyone had this experience? And does it mean I’m on someone’s hit-list?

Thanks in advance.

What signing agency was it? I had an experience with 365 Title before, because I didn’t download the documents quick enough.

They actually just reassigned me. LOL
It is Express Notary Services. I’ve never had any real issues with them, but I wasn’t sure if maybe one was in the works.
Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome… That happens sometimes when the signer changes the time or location of the signing too.

1 Like

Incredibly, they have unassigned me, yet again, and get this, AFTER I received a phone call last night from them asking me if I still wanted the assignment, and the rep actually offered a little more money. I told him I was already assigned to it and had printed the docs. He said okay and the portal showed the higher amount as the agreed upon fee.
So I’ve just shot off another email to them asking for clarification. I don’t even care what they say now. I’m not doing the job, and they really need to pay my print fee.
Sheesh!

Yeah thats crazy. That happened to me before where I was assigned a signing and then it was canceled. Always followup with the SS to ask them why it was canceled. That way you will have an email trail.

1 Like