WARNING:: Certified Mobile Notary Service

I accepted a 5 page document assignment (seller) last night (5/18/23) from Kimberly Smith of CMNS - Oklahoma phone number. She texted location details with no client phone number contact (said she already contacted them), but sent no confirmation. When I asked for an emailed confirmation, she became very angry and said she texted the information and proceeded to tell me how unprofessional I was — she finally agreed to send confirmation — and her idea of a confirmation was merely sending a subject line of “Confirming todays signing 5:30 PM” with no confirmation. Because the website was “dated” and nothing current, I immediately suspected scam. When I said I couldn’t do it without a REAL confirmation, she told me I was very rude and unprofessional. I didn’t respond because I clearly wasn’t going to get anywhere. After another hour had passed, she provided the sellers my phone number and they reached out to me themselves. After I explained to them why I was not coming, they called their Title Company who then reached out to me and reassured that it was a legit assignment, but they themselves did have reservations with CMNS, so they emailed me themselves confirming I would be paid for services rendered. I have seen other posts of bewares from notaries in the past; I just wanted to make aware in case Kim reaches out to anyone else. After working with the title company, I actually did receive payment this morning. I’m relieved…

5 Likes

@jwinkler Thank You for sharing your direct experience with CMNS. There are myriad ways to manage this type of situation. It’s helpful to other members to observe (second-hand) how you successfully managed the Signing Order.

======

Case in point (other posts), here are two separate threads regarding CMNS:

:swan:

1 Like

@jwinkler im surprised to read not only your warning, but a few others. Ive been lucky. Although i will say some platforms are scammers just by the low pay they offer! Thank you so much for posting. Diffinately a wird from the wise. :wink:

1 Like

Late to the game here, but I almost signed up for them until they asked me to pay them 300$ for a listing???

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.