WARNING: Nationwide Notary Registry Sending unsolicited PayPal Invoices

Nationwide Notary Registry is sending unsolicited invoices directly from their PayPal account to Notaries who have never done business with them, making it look as if you owe them money. This is a deceptive marketing scheme and against PayPal policy to send invoices to individuals who have not done business with this company for financial gain. There is no way to “unsubscribe” from the invoices. If you are not currently a member and have never requested to be a member and receive an invoice from PayPal on behalf of Nationwide notary, forward the email to: phishing@PayPal.com and they will investigate.

7 Likes

I never registered with this company, but I did receive an invoice for $15 through PayPal. I used your link and sent a phishing email to PayPal. Thank you for the important useful information on this!!

I also reported them to the Federal Trade Commission as fraudulent email. Too bad they don’t have contact information online - just a contact section on their site that doesn’t show an actual email address.

@nlanderaz Thank you, this is every month and have reached out to PayPal to block it but they did not help but I will surely be reaching out to this email address!

Not sure if this will help, but if you can find out who is a principal of this outfit, this is from their terms of service:

“All disputes arising from this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the California and any lawsuit arising out of this agreement shall be filed exclusively in the Los Angeles County, California, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action.”

They are not listed in the CA corporation archives. There has to be a record of them somewhere…

2 Likes