WARNING: Non-Payment - U S Signing Issue

I completed a signing for U S Signings in February. I have emailed them 4 times but never getting a reply. This is very poor professional company standards.

After 60 days & no pay regardless of many inquiries…CONTACT TITLE!

2 Likes

@JanaDrury Concur :100: percent with @Arichter => contact Title/Escrow Company IMMEDIATELY!

Also, there is a post that is a Step-by-Step Guide to collecting funds that are due to you for the professional signing agent services you’ve successfully provided, but haven’t been paid:

======

If you perform a Search utilizing the Magnifying Glass on Notary Cafe database [a GOLDMINE of information], you’ll find multiple threads on this business entity. It’s been consistently NEGATIVE for several years . . . Here is a sample of threads from my Search results:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=%22%20US%20Signings%22

:swan:

I have contacted the title company who stated that I was commissioned by the signing service so they are to be billed. The title company has nothing to do with payment. The invoice has been paid to signing service.

I am having issues with them also. Three outstanding invoices going back to Aug 2022. No communication from them at all.

My Response: I understand, but you, TC, hired them to find a notary and pay that notary…and they haven’t fully performed. This reflects upon you also, so I’d much appreciate if you would go to bat for me with them or I’ll have little choice but to escalate this to the Lender for continuing to do business with known non-payers.

Ought to light a fire with 'em. Will they like you? No. but at this point, who cares?

2 Likes

I contacted the title company yesterday & received a check from U S Signings this morning.
Best to try that way.

3 Likes

Yes! You rarely, if ever, have to escalate to Lender.

2 Likes

I hate doing it, but it’s my money that I worked for. I have one which I’ve tried the title company but no reply. Guess this week I’ll be contacting the Lender

1 Like

Just so you understand, Lender isn’t going to be sympathetic either. You have to make them care about you AND THEIR REPUTATION.

Appreciate the heads up.

Title is the general contractor, they subcontracted the finding of a notary out to a signing service. The title company is responsible for payment as they could have performed the service themselves, but they sub contracted it out.

It took me 5 months to get paid and that’s after numerous emails/calls to both the signing company and the title co.

Why do we have to chase after our money? We took our time, gasoline, toner & paper to complete the job. Then had to go to drop off the package.

I did a reverse for them in November 2022, no reply to any emails. I guess I will write off that fee. They just offered a job recently but I didn’t accept it. I think these signing companies are robbing Peter to pay Paul. They don’t have enough funds to pay for past assignments and if you give up, they have less Accounts Payable to deal with. For those who insist on getting paid and go the extra mile, they will use the funds from current assignments to pay off the older ones. I think this is going on throughout the industry.

1 Like

I think it’s appalling to be a victim of these companies. We all are working to pay our bills. The cost of goods are continually going up & most of us are just getting by. To have a company in business who can avoid their responsibility to pay the vendors is wrong. I have been told by my attorney that we have the legal right to report them to the Better Business Bureau which I will be doing on Tuesday. He also said I can report to the Secretary of State for “Failure to Comply to Business Practice”. There would be an investigation with fines or can no longer do business within the state. I will probably do a report with that office. Neither Notary Dash or Coast 2 Coast would be allowed to do business in Florida. Too bad.

1 Like

Good luck @JanaDrury - neither one of these entities are registered with their respective state’s SoS corporation division.

Coast 2 Coast and Notary Dash are located in the state of California. They are doing business in other states, so they are adhering to guidelines from the states they are doing business in. Shirley N. Weber is the California Secretary of State. She is very high about how the state of California is seen in other states. I will be sending her the information I have collected on both of these companies. With over 17 complaints of non-payment, I’m sure she will conclude there needs to be something done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.