WARNING: Notariesexpress.com

This is about Steve Stosen owner of Notariesexpress.com I did a cash buyer signing for him on March 10, 2022 it was a very simple signing 31 pages long and I did it with no errors. I did scan backs as he requested and when he received the scan backs I was told all is good and to drop of the Docs to Fed Ex and this is what I did the same day. The signing fee I was promised was for $75.00 I still have not received the check and today is April 30, 2022. I spoke with Steve Stosen on the phone over seven days ago and he told me oh yeah that check is on her desk. He did not say who her was and he also said that check will go out and he did not say when the check would be sent out. I text to him and he text back that his pay out is between 30 day to 45 days. Guess what folks way! past that. Before this I email to his wife she emailed back client was paid. Then I received another email from her to pay the client. This goes on and on! with emails, phone calls and text messages and false promises. Now eight days ago I was told another false promise that the check would be no later then April 29, 2022. I was reading the reviews on his signing services and not to many good ones. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGNING SERVICE unless you do not need money and enjoy Working For Free. By the way the original fee Title paid was $150.00 and I was supposed to receive half of that money. But! still Steve Stosen received all $150.00 because I have not received one penny from this signing service. His signing service is located in Northern California and I live in Southern California it takes three days to send my $75.00 check through the mail as I was promised several times. Where is my $75.00 Steve Stosen? Shame on you Karma will find you if it has not already as this is not how you run a business by taking advantage of Loan Signing Agents. We Need To Get Paid Like You and IF the check ever does come through the mail not 90 days later. God only knows when or if I will receive my $75.00

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Linda, to bring this back to the start, when you received the order, were his payment terms included with the order? To clarify, when some companies issue orders, they will include “payment terms,” letting you know in advance when they will issue payment. If not, you are well over 30 days, which in my opinion, warrants a “PAST DUE” invoice sent via email and a hard copy in the mail sent as a back up, then start the clock.

2 Likes

Yeah, and if that doesn’t work, call the title company and work it from that angle. Title companies hate hearing that the SS they engage are not paying the notaries they engage.

Don’t whine or complain or tell long stories to title, either. Just advise them that there have been unwarranted payment delays that are outside of the contracted time limits (presuming that’s true) and that you thought it best to advise them of their contracted SS tardiness and lax business practices. Say no more. See what happens.

2 Likes

Hi Bobby, The day I posted my complaint on Notary Cafe and I got home about two hours later I had a check in the mail for the full amount of $75.00 and I am glad I posted my complaint, because It is not only because I waited so long to receive my money which was 51 days. But what I had to go through to get it. And to answer what you said yes it was true that there was unwarranted payment delays, the owner Steve Stosen told me on the phone that he pays out from 30 days to 45 days. Lesson learned on my end. Thank you, Linda

1 Like

Hi Jeff, Thank you for all of your help on this. After I posted my complaint on this site I went home about two hours later and had the check in the mail for the full amount of $75.00 and it took 51 days to receive it. Title had already paid before 51 days. Thank you, Linda

1 Like

Good for you, kid. I’m pleased you got your $$. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is why I love such forums. Representatives from SS Co’s are sure to be member’s of this community, and are hopefully hearing us (for both the good and the bad). After all, they started out where we are.

1 Like

Yeah they do read complaints on this site!
This is also a great place to scout out for great notaries as well as the PITA notaries!

1 Like

So I know this is a very late response to the first posting. However, I’m at 68 days with Notaries Express. After back and forth with them forwarding emails to everyone in the company, I start getting emails about my credentials and in particularly the Fidelity documents. They still aren’t telling me when I was going to be paid. So after getting frustrated I pick up the phone and call and speak to Svetlana and I’m being told that my my credentials are very old which in this case was only the Fidelity documents. So my question to her was are you holding my check for ransom? Which she never answered and told me I was being rude. So I tell her I will get them updated and within an hour I messaged her and had them all updated. I still don’t have a check. When I last emailed I was being told that it was requested on the 21st and should have been received on March 28th. And it’s been more than a week for that and then you call again and her voicemail says that she only works Monday through Wednesday blah blah blah. There are several signing agencies out there who used to be okay that are now swirling the toilet, this seems to be one of them. Beware.

I am disappointed that I even have to write this post as I have done many signings for this company over the years and although the pay wasn’t quick, I usually received a check 30-45 days which was acceptable. I am now waiting on three payments from them 2 of which are over 60 days. Polite and professional email inquiries are either not answered or replied with “we are sorry for the delay and will check into this asap”. I know how to proceed from here with collection attempts. I am writing this response to reiterate what other notaries have said. This company is not currently paying reliably and if enough notaries avoid them, perhaps they will learn something. I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but in this case enough is enough and I will not be accepting any future assignments from them.

2 Likes

@bohardnotary Sorry to read about the decline in their professionalism & now VERY delayed payments/possible non-payments . . .

Thank you for sharing your direct experience with them. :gift::crown: Your post is helpful to other Notary Cafe forum members.

I did note that you are cognizant of collection methods:

Wishing you the Best.

:swan:

I did finally receive payment for all signings owed so a good ending and lesson learned!

2 Likes

@bohardnotary :partying_face::sparkler: Congratulations, regarding your collection endeavors! Also, THANK YOU for posting the status & outcome. Helpful to many others!

:swan::confetti_ball:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.