WARNING: NPBC - Background screening company review

Hello NC Community -

I just wanted to write a short review about an experience with a background screening company, whose info/referral, I got from NC.

I was excited to find a company who charges only $49 to run a full background check AND be referred by a credible source (NC). On 11/18, I went to the site, completed all info requested and paid. I got an email conf with conf # to sign in to check status. I figured it would take a week or so. I signed in a week or so and nothing, I waited another week, and nothing, yesterday 12/6 (almost a month ago), someone called me and said they needed to charge me an addtl $15 because they didn’t have a pic of my CDL and needed to process it. I said, hang on, I provided my CDL # at the time of sign up and was not asked for a photo. The DMV portion was a part of the FULL bkgnd check for $49 so I asked why do I have to pay more? She said THEY didn’t run it at the time so they needed to run it now to finish my check. I objected and suggested they pay for it since it was their error. The very nice lady who was given the task to make the call was apologetic, did not have the auth to do that. I said they should have called me on 11/18 or shortly thereafter if they needed something. They didn’t really need a pix of my CDL or they would have asked for it in the beginning process. I believe they were using that as an excuse to collect $ for their error. Bottom Line…I cancelled the order altogether. I thought it was very disingenuous of them to ask for money in that manner at this late date.

Moral of the story…You get what you pay for! If it seems too good to be true…it probably is! I am disappointed at the dishonest tactics of this company, so, buyer beware.

The company is:
NATIONAL VERIFICATION REGISTRY
NPBC Certification Division
500 New York Ave
PO Box 41400
Des Moines, IA 50311-0507

5 Likes

Thank you for the information and for naming the company. This will help other notaries.

3 Likes

@nationalnotarypartners Concur :100: percent. Sorry to read about your experience. Many others have experienced similar unprofessional treatment . . .

RUN the other direction!

NPBC = Notary Public Background Check

It’s been a few years since I’ve utilized their services. NEVER AGAIN!

:swan:

I only order from the National Notary Association

1 Like

Always use NNA. Period. They are Fast and predictable.

1 Like

I have used them for years and never had a problem. Most recent check was done this October.

I thought Fidelity Title only accepted the NNA or the Sterling background checks. All other background checks done by any other company, other then the two mentioned, are not acceptable.

I always use NPBC for my background checks, never a problem SS and Title Companies give you work based in the experience you accrued with them, I have a very good relationship with some companies that I can get work from them even IF I do not have a background check, they know I am proffesional and reliable in all the business I do with them…
Not a NNA member, and I will never be…