šŸ‘Ž WARNING: Shasta Signings AKA Prestige Notaries AKA NotaryDash - Got stiffed, I think

Hereā€™s how I handle non-payments using the following email:

Hi there! As I close out my books for 2023 I noted that an order for $XXX that I did for you on or about XX/XX/23 for [signerā€™s name] #XXXXXXX remains unpaid. If Iā€™ve made an oversight or error on this order, please advise how and when the order was paid. If it has not yet been paid, please remit your payment as soon as possible or provide an explanation for non-payment.
Many thanks.

I have been a busy notary for three years having done a couple thousand signings and I have not been stiffed even once, not even by Prestige Notaries. I always collect. I hope you have success with my simple, yet effective method. Happy New Year, yā€™all.

Incidentally, I wouldnā€™t hesitate to contact title/escrow/lender on any unpaid signing over 120 days where there is no response from the signing service. Give 'em the same information and get to the bottom of the problem.

1 Like

Thank you so much, after nearly 60 days I used your advice and it worked like a charm, I havenā€™t accepted anymore signings from them, but now that they are going to pay me I am willing to give them another shot and see how it works out.I did get ahold of the title company, they said they had paid them back in December 9 days after the signing. I forwarded that along with my letter and the next day they were on it. Thanks again.
William Mayhak

Iā€™m very pleased to hear that the method worked for you, and thanks for letting us know.

Bobby

Pretty darn crappy to have take the extra time to collect a lousy $60-$80 for something that you did honestly and effectively since your ā€œtime is money!ā€ After just receiving a $50 dollar offer from Prestige on a job 38 miles away outside of my hours, I quoted them $200 plus mileage and they countered with $60. Do these companies think we all just fell off the back of a turnip truck. My followup was to inform Prestige, a.k.a. Shasta and Notary Dash, theyā€™ve been placed on my ā€œrestricted list.,ā€ a.k.a. ā€œnot interested.ā€ Let them give me a ā€œbad reputation,ā€ among their competitors and Iā€™ll consider it an endorsement of being judged by the companies with whom I choose not to do business.

1 Like

Hi, I have never had any issues with Shasta. Mark and Krysten have been pretty awesome in my experience over the past few years. I know with Prestige you have to send them an invoice and then it can take a while for payment but keep following up.

Also, if you remain unpaid after ~120 days, have notified title, and still no payment, in CA you can contact your local Labor Dept. CA has the strictest independent contractor laws in the nation. They told me that they actually consider the signing service that hired you As Well As the client (title company, etc in our case) BOTH your employers. If neither the service or title pays you, you can file a wage claim that will be investigated.