WARNING: Update on AOE Signings LLC

I reached out to Stewart Title about my unpaid signings, ( Stewart contracted AOE & AOE contracted me).
This is from Stewart Title:

“Unfortunately Dylan Torres has completely stopped responding to any of our requests. You will need to contact AZ BBB and AZ Secretary of State and NNA and report his commission number and take legal action against him and AOE. Im so very sorry. When we found out about his unethical work practices we immediately cut ties and stopped using his company”.

So Basically I am out $300. This is truly sad and unpreventable in our field I guess.

I also spoke with SOS AZ office Notary Division last week, and was told that they had no direct authority over this situation, as it currently stands, but that it fall under the purview of the AZ Corporation Commission. I further proposed a scenario to SOS AZ Notary Division representative, asking theoretically what might happen if there was a successful claim(s) against AOE or Never Sleeps entity, established by a court (such as small claims court)…how those successful claims would be considered in regards to the Notary (owner) personally (Dylan William Torres), and if they could then be investigated as far as a moral turpitude violation…with the result of possible suspension of his Notary Commission. I received affirmation this would be a complaint the SOS office could pursue. If AOE, aka, Dylan William Torres was to be sued Mutiple times in Mutiple states, the outcomes (he would lose every time likely, because he probably won’t even show up to defend, and wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if he did), the court decision(s) in favor of the harmed Notary could be forwarded to AZ Corporation Commisssion AND AZ SOS, and ultimately and systematically result in the loss of his commission in AZ and prevent him from reestablishing businesses anywhere else… as Notary or Notary SS. Plus with this hanging over his head, it might be difficult for him to work in Mortgage Escrow/Title anywhere and be trusted, as the information of this outcome could be forwarded to NMLS, and all SOS, and Dept of RE offices…probably better for him to get a loan and pay us, but I don’t know if he is that wise IMO. Frankly, I have left messages on the last AOE phone # that was working, sent email demand, all ignored… just like it seems for others…

I have already started the filing process, took less time to complete the small claims filing in my state, than it took to craft this email…
In other words, if most Notaries AOE has failed good faith to pay, files a Small Claims action and prevails (seems like a lock), and then forwards a copy of the courts decision in favor of the NSA to AZ SOS and Az Corp Commision, it will be investigated, then the dominos would fall for AOE in AZ…and its owner…for the long run. Yes, it doesn’t get our owed money back, but he won’t be able to do this again in AZ (or elsewhere else), no fault of our own.

2 Likes

How do you start a small claims actions against him? I have found a phone number for him and also that he works Chicago Title in AZ.
This is not right that he has not paid the notaries and he works for a title company now.

2 Likes

He is in Arizona and I am in Florida, I don’t think I will ever be able to do anything.

I filed a report with the Arizona Attorney General. Its done online. It is not right that we did the work and then he doesn’t pay.

1 Like

Oh my! I received the EXACT same wording from Cindy at Stewart Title. Thing is this was before you reached out to Stewart. See email message below: Dated November 29, 2022. Mr. Torres was also CC on this. Seems this needs to be reported to FNTG Consumer Complaint Handling Procedures for Third Party Notaries, since this is a violation of contract. Unfortunately, her recommendation to contact BBB and the SOS in AZ was a dead end.

Hi Darla

Unfortunately Dylan Torres has completely stopped responding to any of our requests. You will need to contact AZ BBB and AZ Secretary of State and NNA and report his commission number and take legal action against him and AOE. Im so very sorry. When we found out about his unethical work practices we immediately cut ties and stopped using his company.

He owes me money too. I don’t understand why Stewart to title takes no responseability.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.