Well, that worked nicely!

In March, while looking to expand my general notary work, I noticed a couple of local community senior centers were having small events - one craft fair, one spaghetti feed fundraiser. Both are located within 5 miles of my home, both were on a different Saturday afternoon - one in April, one at the start of May.

I called the directors of both centers and asked if I could set up a table offering notary services to their members as well as the general public.

Both answers were enthusiastic “yes, please!” Both advertised in their newsletters that a notary would be on site offering services for a minimal fee of $10 per stamp (Washington’s allowed fee).

I spent 4 hours at the craft fair, 3 hours at the spaghetti feed. (Excellent sauce!) Made $170 at the craft fair (no print, no driving, no scans), and $230 at the spaghetti feed. Gave out 100 cards, and have booked an added $150 in GNW from those cards.

In my book, definitely a good marketing experience.

(And yes, I got the recipe for the sauce)

19 Likes

Thinking outside the box. Way to go,Judi!

2 Likes

That is excellent thinking! I wouldn’t have thought to go there. Most of my local seniors centers don’t do these things. I will have to keep my eyes open for others!

Nicely done! Will have to check out my local center.

Thank you for sharing
So appreciate it since I am moving to a small town after 18 years.
I am getting married again at 73 to someone I’ve known for 25 years and moving soon
Deborah

1 Like

WOWOWOWOWO WOWZA !!! What a great idea Good for you!!!

I thought the most you could charge for a notarization was 2,50

In my state, it is $10 per notarial act. Check with your state’s notary department or NNA for current fees allowed in your state.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.