What am i doing wrong?

I’m happy to share my experience, but the example I cited was my experience and I can’t guarantee that yours will be the same. I guess the point that I was trying to make is that it’s nothing that you should fear. The attorney doesn’t want to be there any more than you want the attorney there. But they can’t turn down an easy paycheck.

2 Likes

Thumtack is a joke. I advise everyone to stay away from them no matter what business you are in. They take your money whether you get a client/sale or not.I quit them ears ago.

2 Likes

I agree with the comment re: Thumbtack. Not worth it. I used them in the beginning when trying to get clients for my tax business. No clients & spent a lot of money

I totally understand. I am floating in the same boat here in Tx. I have sent out postcards to all realtors, nursing homes, funeral homes, homebuyers, and mortgage/title companies. I made visits to title companies dress in uniform fro my business and left my business package with all required information bio of me, business W-9, copy of my commission and more. I’m waiting with expectations that I will get a break. Let us pray it happens for the newbies.

Good luck you definitely got in at the wrong time. The COVID flooded it with new signing agents and the majority of you guys are being low balled and accepting it which makes matters even worse…I suggest you definitely not depend on this as a main stream of income…its real bad

4 Likes

Wow?! $150 with Thumbtack. You can scale that back. I have a $20/Wk spend with them and can adjust as I like. For me, it has not been profitable deal, but not a bad one either. Fact, it gets your name and business out there. If approached, don’t bother with Yelp paid services, free is good. I am also NEW, 1/12/21. Things are just now starting to pick up.

Best wishes, don’t quit, but be discerning.

1 Like

Have you signed up for Google business? It is free and when someone googles notary in your area your company will show up.

You tell 'em Linda!
I’m in Metro ATL & we do loan mods, reverse mortgage applications & closings & refi packages when signers are in GA, but closing on properties outside of GA.

My biggest paydays so far come when, as human beings will sometimes, GA attorneys make mistakes. I get the fix.

It takes a minute for your business to gain traction. Good work gets us more work.

I’m right where you are though on GNW.
I’m on Google biz, Yelp & Yellow pages for 1 month now… and not one call for GNW yet. Baffling, but I’m hanging in.

Full disclosure: just landed a good P/T job to hold me until my reputation is established in Loan Signing work.

1 Like

Sadly i have to agree with you. I have another business, and thumbtack plus quality of work took us to the top. But i needed something new, so first came notary, than loan signing…

Also sign up with Notary Rotary & Notary123 or is it 123Notary…
Being a signing agent should bring you better income…best of luck!
I know how you feel but don’t give up!

Hi, I also am a new NSA living in Georgia, but it is my understanding that we can do loan modifications, although no new loan closings. I was talked into becoming a NSA from my friend in Florida, as a source of side income, who is also at retirement age. I have signed up with several agencies but so far only have done notary services for friends and referrals. The low ball offers I’ve received from agencies were $50, and believe it or not the jobs were gone when I went online to respond to them. I have no interest at this age in my life to spend excess money or accept low ball offers, just to gain experience. Thanks everyone for giving me a realistic view of what to expect in this industry.

1 Like