What do you think of fidelity wealthy clients remote closing instructions?

What do you think of fidelity wealthy clients remote closing instructions?

One of the instructions was “must wear fidelity national’s name tag! What? Don’t you have to be a fidelity employee to wear their name tag? I think they need to revise their closing instructions. :thinking:

I know when you close Chase Loans, they want you to use their Chase folders but never seen an instruction about wearing name tag to a closing for a particular Title Co.

Over-reaching, I think.

1 Like

If they pay me an acceptable fee for wearing their tag at closing, and send me a tag with my name on it, I have no problem wearing it at THEIR signings,win,win !

2 Likes

Man, it would be so weird to have to wear a name tag for each lender you close for! :joy:

In some jurisdictions this could be considered fraud by misrepresentation, if you’re not on Chase’s, or any lender’s, payroll. If the lender gets sued you named as a defendant.

It could also mean that the lender could be liable if you get hurt. After all they required your to wear their ID badge, so it implied you were employed by them entitling you to workers compensation.

1 Like

Just curious… Did they actually provide the name tag they wanted you to wear?

Please read my original post again before reply. I posted this because I thought it was interesting that they didn’t review and revise their closing instructions for remote non-employee closing agent. Of course they didn’t send the name tag! The instructions I got was obviously meant for their employee in-house closer.

1 Like

My question is : How do i sign up to the Fidelity platform as a notary?

You have to be sponsored … By an SS (in which the approval applies only for THAT ss) … or by an escrow officer or title company (in which case you’re approved for all companies across the board)

what do you mean by sponsored? Do you mean recommended?

Yes…recommended. If you search here (top bar to the right near your avatar - hover your cursor there to find the magnifying glass) there has been much information posted here about this.

@alexia6ciulap To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

:swan: