What documents required fingerprints (for regular notary public)?

For a regular notary public, what document needs to have fingerprint? My class taught me only “real property” needs fingerprint. But I’m not a loan signing agent.

(I’m a new agent in CA, no signing yet).

From Page 9 of your Handbook: http://notary.cdn.sos.ca.gov/forms/notary-handbook-2018.pdf

" If the document to be notarized is a deed, quitclaim deed, deed of trust, or other document
affecting real property or a power of attorney document, the notary public shall require the
party signing the document to place his or her right thumbprint in the journal. If the right
thumbprint is not available, then the notary public shall have the party use his or her left
thumb, or any available finger and shall so indicate in the journal. If the party signing the
document is physically unable to provide a thumb or fingerprint, the notary public shall
so indicate in the journal and shall also provide an explanation of that physical condition."

Thank you LindaH.
So most (regular) notary docs probably don’t require fingerprint(?)

Why not cover yourself and fingerprint all journal entries. Takes less than one minutes to complete and takes guessing out of the process.

Yeah, probably better to just have them do all that.