What is the furthest you have travelled for a signing?

Me too! 2 miles from a fedex and 3 from a ups store. I prefer not to use drop boxes. Although I heard they have some drop boxes that allow you to get a receipt :astonished::woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

OMG, I had a day from hell today I have to tell you all about it later tonight:(

:hugs: at least it is over. Grab yourself a tall glass of red wine and snuggle in front of the fire. Tomorrow is another day.

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind the drive time, I think this is a great opportunity for you to increase your profits.

I live in WV and I regularly travel around 1 hour for signings and usually get around $150 a pop. Outside of that one hour drive time that price goes up to $175 - $200.

@movmobilenotary.email & others . . . Did you see my note above?

(knock on wood) So far I have an extra process in place that works on these types of long assignmentsā€¦(knock on wood) I do increase my fee and so far itā€™s been accepted without issues. My extra process that i implemented is working with zero errorsā€¦(knock on wood) :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m very rural and dual commissioned so I travel 100+ miles regularly. I think the furthest Iā€™ve driven is 3 hours one way. I got $400 for that one, so it was worth it to me. Most within an hour Iā€™ll get $150-175. I also have no FedEx stores. I donā€™t even have a FedEx drop box. I have a personal number for our local express guy. I call him if I have a pickup, so thatā€™s just as good, although Iā€™m never able to do overnight from out here.

1 Like

3 hours one for $400? They are lucky that you took it.

Yeahā€¦ That is way too far for me the max i am willing to go is 1.5 hoursā€¦ but you have to do what you need to do in your area to get the business. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

You really must live in the city. The cities that I serve only have dropoff locations not manned facilities. I have to drive through a few counties to get to a ā€œrealā€ FedEX. Sometimes its not worth it. When I saw the cost of new ties installed today, I will not think twice again about accepting measly little pay for long distances.

I think it depends on your circumstances and where you live. In NYC traveling more than 25-30 miles for a signing in my opinion is a bit much. Too much time sitting in traffic and too many tolls. To get from one borough (county) to another can take over an hour with good traffic flow. Traveling from Queens County to Nassau County is much easier, so I donā€™t mind going further out. Traveling from Queens County to Kings County (Brooklyn) can be a nightmare. Most of the time, youā€™ll have to park somewhere and take a bus and two trains to get where youā€™re going. Thatā€™s about 2 hours just to get there. (Yes, you read that right.)

I live in Eastern Washington it takes forever to get anywhere. Most jobs are 50 miles or more round trip and the furthest Iā€™ve done is about 115 miles away. With winter weather on the way, I go places lots of notaries wonā€™t. 25 miles? That would be heaven but it doesnā€™t happen very often.

Wow! I hope you are paid handsomely for those miles you drive.

Yikes thats a real push to work for a living