What is the furthest you have travelled for a signing?

unfortunately often times the media and weather people blow it completely out of proportion. Not to say we don’t have some bad storms but often they try to put people into the typical fear and hysteria pretty much about everything now a days. It snowed about 8 in. here on Monday and that was on top of rain that turned into ice so it was icy but the temps warmed, and melted off and I made it out to the main road, borrower understood that the weather delayed it and nothing more could be done.

1 Like

Wow I hope to be that busy one day…

2 Likes

I think the farthest I’ve ever driven to a signing is 15 miles and that was really far away.

Read the documents, get to know them, In the beginning, I read the loan packages to learn, fun times for sure, The deed is super exciting reading material. I was also one of the first people in my area doing closings and got certified immediately and background checked, back in 2003 it wasn’t even a requirement for most companies but the fact that I did do it to prove to them that I was trustworthy, certified, legit and motivated got me the work, the other thing is accuracy rate. the last 2 yrs. I’ve averaged about 500 closings a year and I am literally a 100% accuracy rate. Occasionally I do forget to upload or email ID’s but rectify it as soon as they send me a reminder. This industry is cyclical, when I started it was at the Height of the Subprime market and the lenders were promising people the moon, it was nuts. People were furious with ARMs, LOs were not truthful and told people routinely to stop making their payments, that was wrong, I had people crying and cussing at the closing table, in Arrears they were freaking out. I’d had LOs say to me, do whatever it takes to get them to sign, I’m like Guy, that’s not my job to sell your loan. I’m glad that for the most part that folks are happy with the regulations in place to stop that.

The furthest I traveled has been 263 miles round trip and received $140. I live in Missouri the middle of nowhere and anywhere you travel is a distance. The only issue I am having is lately they are not taking me for signings. Since I am no longer noted as a new signing agent I started charging more, especially with gas prices on the rise. We have signing agents closer to the signings that will take less money which puts me out of signings.

Horrible you drove round-trip 260+ miles for $140 and they basically dumped you when you raised your rate. Loyalty does not exist in this business:(

Wow that is far to travel for $140

I would never drive that far. Before all of these notary floodgates got blown up, I received a couple calls to do signings from my normal title companies that were 4 hrs drive one way! I laughed, I told them if they want to pay $1,500 plus a hotel room, I’ll make it as a day vacation. :joy:.

Today, they have so many notaries at their disposal.

That fee is almost unheard of in Memphis area.

I double dare you to share the client name

You don’t believe me?

My .02 FWIW but nobody is obligated to share their client list with anyone - double dare or not.

JMO

4 Likes

ok. Can’t nobody say I didn’t try

I guess they found notaries at their disposal that could do it cheaper. I know they are in business and try to make as much as they can too, but they way I see it, we as notaries are doing the work. We print the items and review before leaving, travel in our own vehicles, get the paperwork signed/notarized and travel back home. Where I live I don’t have UPS or Fedex close by so that is another 60 miles round trip. I can drop the Fedex packets at the Dollar Store that is near me, but they pick up early and I try and get the packet out as soon as possible.

1 Like

I don’t understand how there’s no fed or ups within a five mile radius of you?

I live in the middle of nowhere. The closest grocery store is 17 miles away, 1 way. My little town has more cows than people. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh dear, I do hope you charge for your service accordingly.

You can make good money closing In rural. My sorority sister from college is making good money in her rural area. I told her not to tell anyone else what she’s doing. Told her to take as many as she can and charge as high as possible because sooner or later someone will find out and will want to get into this business too; there’ll be less work and she’ll be forced to lower her fees!

1 Like

@brigliad2 me too - 15 miles to a Mailbox Store for FedEx - 16 miles to a UPS store - not even any drop boxes in my little town (not that I’d use them)…that’s why I have to charge extra to “come home and scan back” instead of just dropping on my way home.

1 Like

Wow I guess I should consider myself spoiled… I’m less than a mile from Fedex, UPS and the USPS locations… I feel for yall…:slight_smile: :hugs: