What is the most seals you’ve placed in one appt

There were 17 POAs of different verities in the package. The signer asked is this was normal for a closing. I suggested she needed to check with an attorney.

Nothing in this business surprises me any more.

1 Like

Yeah the packages are all different for me unless they’re with big banks like BofA, WellsFargo, Chase. Those are usually always standards with a few title and escrow forms. I had to notarize someone completing and signing wire instructions.

38 stamps for 286 pages for a VA Refinance and I had to provide notarization sheets because they were not California complaint. Took 3 hours for $130.

A couple of weeks ago I had a refi on a VA loan. 30 notarizations for 217 pages.

You should have made so much more for that one instead of the $130 :sob:

If they went to UPS here that would cost them $380! It is $10 per seal in the state I live in.

Was there a co-borrower?

yes there was a co-borrower. separate notarizing for each signature.

I have never counted.

1 Like

Did you use separate notary certificates for each? Borrower and coborrower?

1 Like

The most I have had is 14. I also had one with 13, 12 & 11 which were all refinances. The number of stamps are usually between 5-8.

1 Like

That stinks. Did the title company name start with a V?

I just did 27 on a 215 page refi.

1 Like

What!! Excuse me…I’m falling down and beating the floor…ugg

I switched to Integrity Notary Journal. I Double checked and it is approved in CA. Only have to get one signature for each signer and mark the document. I went through a whole book when I first started in 20 signings and the most of the time was filling our the darn journal. You can find this journal on Amazon. It makes my job so much easier. I have had 17 notary forms in 1 loan package. It seems each company comes up with what they need. No 2 forms seem to be the same.

@AgentSandieW it may be approved for use in CA but you still have to follow your notary laws - and you are required to enter each notarization as a separate line item and get a signature for each entry. The only time you save is writing the title of the document.

Check your handbook and your newsletters. This has been published every year for the past 4-5 years. For 2020 it’s here - pages 4-5

Hopefully the notary fee is higher in CA for the fact that you need to use up so many journals and so much time. More time is probably spent on journaling alone than the actual notarization!

Exactly Irina - I’m thankful I don’t live there - but there fee is $15/signature notarized - not sure that makes up for the onerous task of journaling. I remember some time back hearing that the CA SoS was auditing notaries by random sampling to see if their journals were compliant. Not sure if they’re still doing that.

1 Like

Not anymore, pal. But thanks for the sentiment as of June 2021 our luck has changed for the better; no mo’ individual entries. Halleluyah

Do you have a link supporting this? I didn’t know this changed.

Never counted. That’s interesting. I use Notary Gadget for record keeping and …keep a record. There are reasons for keeping track, but those reasons may vary by notary.