What is the most seals you’ve placed in one appt

I finished up a loan package for Notary Go and it wasn’t bad for a loan, a bit over 100 pages. The appointment took 50 minutes. However, it needed 14 notarizations!!! That’s probably the most seals I’ve placed in one signing. I’m excluding reverse mortgages from the count. Average loan package for me requires 4 to 7 seals. I’ve had a few randoms 10 to 12 seals. Today I set a new record with 14 seals.

22 for a local credit union, but they pre-printed the B’s names and I used a rubber stamp for mine when I had to print it (NOT my signature!). I’d rather do 22 that way than a dozen where I have to print the B’s name/s on every cert.

4 Likes

Ahh never mind it was 12 not 14. :expressionless:

Still curious to hear from other and how many notarizations they did in one appointment!

Wow 22 that is a lot!

I hear in California you have to enter each notarization in the journal. Not sure if I understand that right. If you are in California and have to do 20 notarizations on 20 different documents, do all have to be in the journal?

You have to enter each notarized signature in the journal in california so if you have four borrowers and 20 certifications it would be 20x4 journal entries for a total of 80 journal entries hahaha but most notaries I would say don’t because it’s ridiculous and time consuming

1 Like

I did a sellers package today and had 6 notarizations for only a 30 page package! Definitely the most I’ve done for such a small pack. My sellers are 1-3 on average.

Last week I had 20 seals, but wasn’t a loan signing! It was a “Certificate of Incumbency” for a company to submit to 20 banks to add an employee as a bank account signer. It was a standard document and I had to print out 20 copies of THE SAME DOCUMENT, and then perform the same notarization 20 times.

Easiest $200 (20 x $10/each) I’ve ever made!

3 Likes

I won’t spend my whole day putting in journal entries that’s not possible to make a living….

Not in CA so only need to use name of doc and only ONE signature for each B in journal, so it goes pretty quick.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m listing it like I should but what I do in WA is one line for each signer. Document description I will write “will, POA x2”.!” We can use abbreviations in WA. The one I finished a couple minutes ago is POA x2 for description. I used two entries total in the journal for the appointment.

Loan docs description I write loan refinance, that’s it.

Irina, I’m not sure just signifying “loan refinance” fulfills your state’s requirements, which state the journal must contain a brief description of the document signed and the notarial act performed.

I used the MoJo - would use two lines (like you) - one for each signer, but would list the title of the docs and the act only once…so Mortgage would be (A) (for ack), Signature Name Affidavit would be (J) (for jurat) - but each document title was listed. I think that’s what your state wants.

I’m just glad I don’t live in CA…yeesh.

I’m trying to find a better journal to use. The one I purchased locally from an local notary office only has one signature size line which only shows to list type of document. That’s it. Not much room to write all the document names. It does have areas to identify oaths and ack.

I got the MoJo from Notary Rotary (and I can say that here because this site does not sell supplies) - there’s also some on Amazon, one which I really like but never converted over - it’s a one-pager - all signer/signing info and signatures at top with sufficient lines to list docs notarized and the act - once you’re done you flip the page and voila! a blank page; no more worrying about hiding previous info from signers. Another notary named Ciati developed it - might want to check that out

1 Like

I applaud my fellow notaries in california willing to take the ridiculous amount of time to put every individual notarization journal entry in the journal.

Well, that’s what you’re supposed to do; and there was a time the CA SOS was auditing randomly and found most notaries were doing their journals wrong. We have no journal requirement here but I keep one and fill out all the info, including listing the docs. I know you don’t like it Jason, but it IS required by your SOS…you may want to re-think your practices, especially since you’ve publicly stated you don’t do it.

Best of luck

All of the information is in my journal for everything I just found a quicker more creative and efficient way to do it rather then hand write it in.

Another thing regarding journaling. Do you add details when the signer does not match their photograph ID? There’s not much space in my journal like I said above but jotting down how I confirmed might be useful. Identifying can be tricky. Today I signed POAs for a husband and wife (my general notary work). The neighbors witnessed. The wife knew the forms well as she is an attorney. I was there to notarize her signature and her husband’s. I identified the husband by his ID signature not so much the picture. His signature was an exact match in the ID with how he signed the notary journal. Now his picture was not a match. He has short hair and male. During the appointment his hair was shoulder length and he was a woman. I can tell by the structure it was the same as in ID and his voice was masculine even tho he was now a woman. I say he because his wife referred to him as he and her husband. Looks wise no match to the ID picture. Signature was exact match.

Would you write that you matched the signatures in the journal?

My record was a two property sale with one property purchase on a Texas VA Loan; 304 pages, 37 notarizations.

Wow, I wouldn’t be surprised if you had to notarize the wire instructions
form in that package.

1 Like