What should I charge for an eClosing?

I see there is an up tick RON Certified Notaries. What would the vendor get paid in these transactions? Considering they are required to obtain a Ron Services Provider as well as the Certificates.

1 Like

What does your state allow you to charge - providing your state has legalized RON

I believe that Florida allows $25.00 charge per notary stamp.

No, not $25 per stamp, its per session with one stamp. Each additional stamp is $10. The initial cost is really going to the platform provider. You don’t even see that $25 because I’ve found that the only one making money is them and not you. I tried RON for a while with Notarize, but I was only making $5 first my first stamp and $1 each additional stamp in the same transaction. I could work for 8 hours straight and only make $46! I stopped.

Oh, no! That’s it? Forget that.

I just saw this post…

Florida allows $25 per remote online notarization

F.S. 117.275

“117.275 Fees for online notarization.—An online notary public or the employer of such online notary public may charge a fee, not to exceed $25, for performing an online notarization under this part. Fees for services other than notarial acts are not governed by this section.”

Yes, thats true, but if you work for a platform that brings their customers to you, they get the lions share. On OneNotary.us, I would keep $10 of that $25, but I would have to do my own advertising and bring my own clients. I’m sure others have experience with other RON providers who can share pros and cons.

Right - which is why I won’t get RON commissioned - I’m not giving anyone a share of that $25 since the liability and responsibility for record-keeping is all on me. Nope Nope

If I were to do it I would try to find a way to do it independently and sub myself out to companies for this service only. Not platforms - companies. For the cost of setup and maintenance, that’s the only way to make it worthwhile.