What Signing Services Utilize RON?

Hello, I’m a somewhat new Signing Agent and I’m trying to get the most out of my RON certification. I’m sensitive to Covid due to having Asthma so it’s one of the better options I have. Can anyone tell me of a Signing Service that does RON regularly?

4 Likes

Several allegedly do, but there just doesn’t seem to be a ton of RON signings, yet. That said, I signed up with Pavaso, and was contacted for a RON closing by Old Republic, because they found my information there. I have also done a RON closing using Nexsys, via The Closing Exchange. They provide RON training, including doing a mock signing before your first live one, which I found really helpful.

Servicelink also promotes that they do RON, and I’m just getting set up with them now, so I don’t know what their RON volume is like.

I think one of the higher volume RON signing services is Amrock. They are part of the Rocket group of companies that includes Rocket Mortgage and Nexsys, which is all owned by Intuit and affiliated with Quicken Loans, which does the majority of RON closings in the country by itself.

However, even after emphasizing my RON and other qualifications, Amrock wouldn’t budge on their one year of experience requirement.

Also, depending on where you’re located, there are some RON platforms that will hire you as a contractor, such as Notarize .com, Notary Cam, etc. However, they pay doesn’t seem too great, at least to me, on those platforms. I hope all that is useful.

And if you find any good RON signing services out there, please let us know. Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree with dougsandlin, he had listed most of the companies that are sending out signing orders. The volume for RON just isn’t there yet. Lenders, title companies. the state’s county clerks offices, and various states are still taking different positions on the acceptance and usage of RON. Not to mentioned, signers are still unsure about the technology, security, or being able to successfully completing KBA or credential analysis. .I have only completed a small amount of RON orders. So when the supply of orders increases for RON, at least I am in position to meet the demand. If you desire to make money using RON, your best bet will be performing general notary work.

4 Likes

I would like to get started with RON signings, just not sure what my first step is. Can someone please help with the proper steps to take. Thank you

Step 1 is to see if your state even allows it.

Step 2 is to look at your secretary or state website and find the steps if it does.

Step 3 is to list it on whatever profiles you use for loan signings.

3 Likes

I’m RON certified. I’m looking at all the RON platforms and will probably go with two so. I don’t want to spend a lot of money for a platform. Some charge so much that what you get paid is a very small percentage. Some use credits, which mean too much money upfront.
So, if I were to sign up and there are few RON signings, I’ve wasted my money.

So, I’ll wait a while longer and see if I get any bites.

I’d suggest using LiveNotary if it’s allowable in your state. They charge $10 a month and $10 per transaction (read as session). So if you only had 1 signing in the month, you’d only pay 20 bucks.

3 Likes

Hi notaryronservices, and welcome! I agree with DenzelBrooks. I’ve just recently discovered LiveNotary, and it seems to be the one truly cost-effective option for independent notaries, currently. I just signed up with them, and their team is very helpful, and they have good training videos, etc. And the pricing allows notaries to offer online loan signings and notarizations at a reasonable profit.

That said, one signing and one no show fee, so about 30 minutes of my time, covered Pavaso’s $99 fee (not sure if it is one time, or annual). Pavaso charges the title company or signing service, other than that one fee.

And I have done one signing on Nexsys Clear Sign, which paid $50 for a HELOC (from a signing service) and I have not paid Nexsys anything (they also charge the title company or signing service).

I did have to pay for my digital certificate ($62) and estamp ($20) for use with all of those platforms, though. LiveNotary includes the digital certificate in their $10 per month fee, which seems like a really good value if you don’t already have it.

1 Like

Live Notary is on my list! Thank you so much.

I was told you have to be recommended by a title co to use Pavaso. Nexsys Clear Sign is also on my list. I have may digital cert and stamp so I’m hoping that will help. I don’t want to lay out money for a platform I may not use.
Do you mind me asking how you got your signings? I have emailed some of the SS and haven’t rec’d any RON signings.
Thank you.

For Pavaso, Old Republic Title found me via Pavaso, because I had set up my profile and uploaded my docs, and so, apparently appeared via an internal database of registered notaries maintained by Pavaso. Worth noting that Old Republic either owns Pavaso, or has a significant financial interest in Pavaso (Mark McElroy is both CEO of Pavaso, and Executive Vice President, Chief Digital Officer at Old Republic). And Pavaso didn’t invoice me for their $99 charge until after I had completed a signing on their platform.

Regarding Nexsys, I did that signing via The Closing Exchange (I also do a fairly high volume of traditional signings through them). They actually have a RON training program, including interactive lessons, a group training, and a mock signing using Nexsys Clear Sign (all free). Once you successfully complete that training, including the mock signing, they put you on their list of RON-approved notaries. Once I was on that list, I got a call for a signing within a few weeks, and there has only been that one RON signing through them, so far.

I’m also signed up with every, or nearly so, signing service that Pavaso lists on their website. You can see that list by going to this page and scrolling down until you see “National Signing Agencies”.

I hope that helps. As we’ve been discussing, there just aren’t a lot of RON closings, yet. That’s bound to change, though. Everyone from Fannie Mae to ALTA to several major title companies are promoting RON / digital closings. The issue seems to mostly be with lenders: they’re hesitant to accept enotes, if they’re not sure if investors will accept enotes, if they sell the loan (very common, as you may know). And not all counties accept enotes, or provide erecording, which is also a roadblock.

I’m fortunate living in Pennsylvania: we have full, permanent RON legislation in place, and nearly every county has active erecording capabilities. Which will be great, once there are more digital closings.

Thank you. I’ll read this tomorrow.

1 Like