Whine or Market, it is up to you

Things are slow, everybody is hurting for work. Are you mining your Linked In account? Are you mining your Alignable account? Facebook, Twitter and all the rest? Are you mining all those years of journals? I have a thriving GNW market in my area and here’s where I get business;

Hospitals, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing and Rehab facilities, Hospices. Hook up with their patient advocate / concierge person.

Some UPS and shipping stores will not do certain documents. Deeds, wills and trusts. Find out who the owner is and market to them as taking the liability out of their hands.

When you do have a closing appointment, leave 3 of 4 cards for the client to hand out to their neighbors. Keep your ears OPEN, I pass out cards at Walmart all the time.

Look up title companies on LinkedIn, Alignable, etc and add them to your contacts.

Get involved with community services, food pantries, local political party of your choice. It doesn’t take much of your time and you’ll feel a lot better to be helping your community.

Market, market, market and then, market some more. It’s wait for the phone to ring or you make it ring!

15 Likes

Excellent…info… Thanks

3 Likes

I hope it all works out for you with all that marketing! I’ve done all of that and NOTHING! I’ve taken a 9-5 Monday to Friday job as a notary in title services. No more gigs for me

5 Likes

Thank you for this! Also banks as well. Yes they have an in house notary but they will be occupied or out of the office (weekends). there are only two type of day a busy day and a marketing day!

4 Likes

Don’t forget to join your local chamber of commerce !

1 Like

Oh no! You went to the businesses in person too?

Thanks, this is very helpful. I will begin going to hospitals, convalescent homes, hospices, rehabs, etc. this month, starting next week and marketing.

Thank you for this. It is absolutely fantastic. Luck comes to those who are prepared. I too took an additional paying job just to keep paying the bills but I am working harder at my Notary! There are so many notaries dropping out but I’m beating the streets, walking into offices of all the Title Companies, Real Estate, Escrow, Land Developers, Lawyers. I attend Chamber meetings and functions constantly. I always have a smile, a card, a piece of bright clothing on. I take goodie bags, plants, office supplies, whatever, just to hand them something with my info on it.
This will not last forever and when the good times come - as they always do-I am absolutely banking on it being me they choose because I have built genuine relationships with people.
I’ve also managed to gain some really neat friends doing this.
This business is more than just the money made for me.

And don’t forget your local high school. Nearly all exchange students studying there need a notarized transcript for apostille to take back to their home country. Its hard to find a notary who will be there when the school principal is available so when they find one…they hand out the notary’s business card to the students all the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.