Will I get Blocked for not taking a job?

So I get an $80 signing and I accept then I open the docs and it’s over 200 pages to print. They had originally said no scanbacks. I asked for $100 for the printing and that scanning costs extra. So they raised the fee to 100 and then they send me the morning of a scanback requirement. I fear getting blocked because i asked to reassign on a Saturday. I just can’t spend an hour scanning and collating.

I don’t like being taken advantage of. They said that $80 is standard for Refis and scanbacks.

3 Likes

They are full of horsefeathers as to ‘standard’ fee–double that is closer to reality. You are an Independent Contractor and need total disclosure in order to quote a PROFITABLE fee. They then have the option of agreeing or finding a notary who will do it at a fee they like. When they change the rules after discussion/acceptance…well, it’s a new ballgame. Will they block you because you gave it back due to non-disclosure of stips? Who knows, but I doubt it.
Will they try this same game again? Most likely, yes.

8 Likes

So what I get from this is, they want you to make 400 copies
1 set for signing signatures 200
1 set for borrowers to keep 200(almost a whole pack of paper)
Scan back 200 pages ( 1 hour)
drive to Signing on Saturday a weekend which is probably an hour round trip
All for $80 bucks…
Then you’ll probably have tons of problems with the documents not being correct, then that signing will turn from a 1 hour signing to a 3 hour signing, no one will answer nor return your phone calls over the weekend. Then they’ll say it’s your fault and then dock you $10 bucks and now you only get $70 and you got to wait 30 days before you get paid, that’s IF they pay you.

7 Likes

Myself, I’d be the one doing the blocking. This is a completely absurd fee for the scope of work.

3 Likes

lol wow im gonna use that one (horsefeathers)

3 Likes

I was in the same position like 2 weeks ago, 200 pages (2 sets) PLUS scanbaks for $75… I reluctantly turned down the offer and asked for $175 + $25 scanbak… never again heard from them and I don’t miss them.I Mght be a newbie, but nobody’s fool and hate to being taken advantage by these low ballers :unamused:

2 Likes

If they ban you for refusing a job that was clearly misrepresented, then that is a company that you really don’t want to do business with anyway.

2 Likes

Fees are always negotiated, but $80, that’s a real lowball. If they don’t agee with your fees then work for someone else. There’s a hundred signing companies and a thousand title companies. Spend your time soliciting them instead of $80 signings. Just say no.

4 Likes

I wish every damn notary would reject all work and ask for $175 MINIMUM!!!

15 Likes

I don’t go out the door for less than $200 in my own area. It does not matter if it is 3 pages. I charge extra for scanbacks, same day assignments, out of town assignments, and weekends. I don’t even take the time to refuse lower requests on my phone. I wait until they call me. They call me as a last resort when they can’t find anyone else. I tell them it is the “new normal”. I was told the companies do not have a new normal. I then as them if they are working from home. They say yes. I then say, “You do have a new normal and mine is $200 minimum.”

7 Likes

Shame on them for misrepresenting the order to begin with.

1 Like

It’s tough to know what to do when you start out, just wanting jobs to get under your belt and get your ratings moving along. I started on a lowball signing or 2 to get my feet wet. Let us know how you made out with that company And good luck going forwarding

I don’t leave the house for less than $125 for anything, even if it’s “1 signature” and only 5 pages to print. Normal refinance no less than $150 in my area.

Who is the company? I have a couple companies trying that with me i never take anything under 125.00 local and 180 out of town plus mileage

What would you consider local? Or after how many mileage?.. I’m asking because I’m new at loan signings, and don’t want to over charge to lose a client, or too low to being taken advantage by low ballers :sweat_smile:

Preach!!! Preach!!! You’re telling the truth about having issues and getting blamed for them. No good deed goes unpunished!!!

Every company knows you give an additional fee for scan backs!!! If $80 was their standard for refi’s and scan backs, why didn’t they mention that there was a scan back requirement when they gave you the assignment?? BA-LONEE!!! Good for you!!

Awesome Glen! I love it. My minimum was $100, but now I’ll have to rethink that-