Your favorite notary journal

What is your favorite notary journal? Why?

Do you use a paperback or electronic version?

What do you like about it?

What don’t you like about it?

What would you like to see in a notary journal?

I use the Modern Journal of Notarial of Notarial Events. It lets me check off more that one document per line, which saves time and effort (although there are some disadvantages; I don’t have a client signature for cach document). It’s sturdy.

I would not use an electronic journal.

1. Would I have to keep up a subscription to an electronic journal after I stop being a notary?
  2. What if the company providing the journal goes out of business?
  3. I’m not in a position to evaluate the security of an electronic journal.

I use this journal that I get from Amazon and it is perfect. One page per signing appointment with plenty of room to list all the documents under one journal entry. I’ve been using this one for two years now and have gone through MANY of them.

(PS- it says its a Florida Journal but it works for me in Mississippi and I think would be compliant in many states.)

My favorite is the one I created and self published about a year and a half ago. I have never tried to sell it until just recently when I got it published on Amazon.
It lists almost 200 documents and is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The better part, for you, is that Amazon has it on sale for $21 and some change. It is normally $32. Title is Notary Journal for the Busy Signing Agent.

I hope you will check it out and if you like it, buy one. Or two. [LINK REDACTED - Notary Cafe Moderators]

I reviewed and tried several print journals and just never found one that I liked, so created my own.

I tried, but did not like an electronic version. I ran into an issue where I could not access it and when I did get it up an running, it was wonky. That said, it was only 1 time and worked perfectly for the rest of the time that I used it. I simply decided that it was not for me.

So, printed journal it is. I like that is lists almost 200 documents, is easy to use, has plenty of space for Signer information and their signatures, addresses, dates, and space for additional unlisted document titles and additional information.

I doubt it is the perfect Notary Journal, but it is the best one I could make…for now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.