How often do you faxback?

I’m looking at laser printers and I’m wondering how often faxback is requested, and also, if the whole package is typically requested, or just a few pages.

I’m looking at the Brother Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L6200DWT, but it doesn’t have a scanner. I have a little Epson printer that has a scanner, but it wouldn’t be good for large packages.

I use that printer and it is fast and effective. I scanback using the Fujitsu Scansnap. It will scan both sides of page in color at 24 ppm. Never jams or misses pages. It will set you back about 400 dollars on Amazon, but pays for itself in the long run if you have to do package scanbacks (which you must charge extra)

1 Like

Do you scanback very often, and if so, is it the entire package or just a few pages?

Depends on how busy you plan to be. The Brother MFC L6800DW is a fast printer with dual tray capability, scans directly to an email address or to USB, accepts prints from your smartphone, copies as needed, and has a 520 page paper capacity. It is not, however, cheap - Amazon has it at $589.00. However, it is a reliable multi-function machine that quickly produces excellent quality prints.

No, I do not work for Brother. After many years running a small business, I find that they offer a good value for the dollar.

1 Like

Thank you! Do you have the dual tray? I think this printer is probably less expensive than a printer and scanner separately.

How do you ever decide which printer to get? They all look great, and I don’t see a lot of difference in them. I think I’d like an all in one, but I honestly can’t tell the difference, other than the price and maybe 3-4 ppm. Is there any place to do a comparison?

I’ve used HP printers forever and I find that they are very reliable. Most companies are wanting scan-backs instead of fax-backs these days - mostly it’s just “critical” docs, but some want full fax backs: a pain unless you can upload them to a website. Otherwise you have to be careful not to exceed the file size (that they can accept via email, and that you can send) You say the Brother is a good machine - how much are the toner cartridges? I can get a good 7500 pages from the HP extended yield, but they’re pricey at ~ 0.03 per page

Cost of printing is also a concern. It sounds like the Brother is more economical. Does anyone out there have any input on the cost of printing on Brother vs. HP?

Love the Brother Dual page printer! I used to use a program to separate legal and letter and then put the files back together. The program served its purpose and my time is cut to nothing! Well worth the investment. I also have an HP all in one. It works but not the best quality. I keep it around to do regular printing fI do not need laser for. I suggest when you get established go for the scanner! I had gotten a couple really good suggestions on here for the Snap Scan and Epson.

Thank you for your input. I think that’s what I’m going to do. I wasn’t sure if I was going to need a copier, but I can always scan and print if needed. I’ve seen some good reviews on that Snap Scan also.

At least once or twice a week. A scanner is essential. Clarity on scanned docs are much better than faxes anymore. As to how many pages? On Refi’s about 60 pages.

I don’t have scanbacks or faxbacks very often, and there is usually no extra pay. I faxback the whole package vs. sorting through the package to look for the docs they request. Agree with judikidd, Brother printers are the best I’ve found (my is Brother MFC9970cdw). I paid about $700.00 seven or eight years ago and except for maintenance I do myself, it’s been problem-free. I’ve had other printers that gave me all sorts of grief.

Thanks to everybody that gave input to my questions. I really appreciate all of you!

After much research, i found the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M148dw. Price at Office Depot and Best Buy was $169.00. On Amazon, I found it for $109.00.
It has a fast print speed and fast scanner, prints on 2 sides if needed, can load letter and legal. It does not have an extra tray but I found a program that will sort letter/legal on NotaryRotary.com.
Works for me! :slight_smile:

If there are faxbacks, I charge extra, sometimes the signing service is willing to pay extra, if not they find another notary. Suits me. :neutral_face:.