Low Notary fees

It came to my attention today fellow notaries
That jobs are being offered for 20.00, 25.00, 30.00 and up to 50.00 with 50.00 being the ceiling. Please guys do your homework as those low fees are hurting a great majority of us…just saying

2 Likes

In addition, I had a situation where they said it was an application packet for $30. They sent over the docs and its 80+ pages. I had to push hard just to get a std closing rate.

We cannot set prices between ourselves. That’s called “price fixing.” However, add up the cost of printing (if you go to a local FedEx Office or Stationer Store - ask them what they charge and figure less); the cost of your time - minimum wage is $10-$15; the cost of wear and tear on your car (at present, the IRS allows 54 cents a mile). Taking all that into consideration, you can see that the $20 to $50 per assignment is NOT going to cover your cost out of the door. Get smart and start supporting yourself. Make some money and make your business a profitable one. We are NOT charitable organizations!!

2 Likes

I have been a signing agent for over 12 years and my starting fee is $100.00 do not call me for $40.-50 I
will not move for under $100.00 and if i have to travel any distance i will charge more and i have not had any problems getting what i want,But you need to do a good job.

1 Like

Great for you I’m the same just put it out there so all could see what is going on in the market

I agree I think we notaries need to standardize the notary fees (not fixing) just making sure that there is a reasonable minimum. When notaries accept jobs for $30 dollars it does hurt us all. However, my stance is if they can get notaries for $30 more power to them, hopefully they get what they pay for and hopefully the notary taking the jobs for $30 gets tired of being worked like horse.

1 Like

where are you located?

1 Like

I don’t start my car for less than 100.00 +
We are the ones in the TRENCHES in the heat, going in filthy homes that smell of rotted fish, sitting at a picnic table outside with a flashlight to close. Do your homework notaries we aren’t out there collecting signatures we are closing loans. Notaries that work in title companies and close loans make between 500. To 1,000. Per closing. It’s your business do what you want but for me and my experience no way am I working for 10.00 an hour
Just Saying

1 Like

I don’t blame you I will not leave home for no less than $100.00 and depend on how far I have to travel and
how many docs is in the package it will cost a lot more.