Notary fees to increase from $10 to $15 come 2017

Come 2017 notary fees will be increased – $10 to $15 isn’t that great and should have happened a long time ago!

There are to many notaries out there working for low ball fees just to get the job, it is makeing it hard for other notaries to get work STOP taking $40.00 and $50.00 dollars jobs these companies are just making you look stupid.get paid for your work

1 Like

Low Ball fees, doing the most which is UNCALLED for…

How do you suggest new signing agents find jobs for $100 or higher? It seems most are paying only $60 to $90 if even that. I believe that Arizona receives lower offers because our laws only allow $2 per signature and .45 cents per mile. I have signed up on Snapdocs and with many other signing agencies. I only receive a few orders directly from the title companies who of course pay $100 TO $125. I have one company that keeps me busy but they only pay $60 per signing. I chose only those that are close to my home office because of this.

The point is the Notary signing companies are taking in hundreds of dollars to find you to do the work, and if you do it for cheep, it’s hurting everyone that’s a notary and the companies will find it harder to get notaries for a low fee. Remember this is your business and it’s to make money, as long as it is in the legal way of doing it.

1 Like

Establish your minimum and tell any company who offers you an assignment what it is. Tell them you will not work for less. You may hear the old “the lender won’t let us pay any more than XXX.” Politely ask them if they understand federal statutes governing independent contractors, and assure them that you do. (Their client does not establish how much the signing company pays notaries - you are a subcontractor for the signing company, and the SC’s client has nothing to do with how much you are paid). Then tell them to please stop wasting your time - if they want a savvy, detailed professional representing them, making certain their signing is done right the first time and impressing the hell out of their client, they need to pony up and pay your rate. That usually does it.

I WILL NOT WORK FOR LESS THAN $ 100.00 AND $125 WITH FAX BACKS. NOTARY SHOULD REALIZE THE COMPANY CHARGES THE CUSTOMER AT LEST $ 299 AND THEY OFFER THE NOTARY A SMALL AMOUNT AND KEEP THE REST FOR THEMSELVES. EVEN IF THEY MOAN AND GROAN ABOUT IT THEY ARE LOOKING AT THEIR POCKET BOOK. I THINK IT IS THE SCHEDULER COMPANY THAT IS TAKING THE MONEY.i FIGURE THE COST OF MAINTENANCE ON MY PRINER, PAPER, GAS AND TIME ADDS UP. IT USUALLY TAKES ME 5 HRS. TO PROPERTY PRINT AND READ INSTRUCTIONS AND MARK PAGES FOR SIGNATURE BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT THEN GO TO APPOINTMENT AND CHECK FOR SIGNATURES AGAIN AND AFTER APPOINTMENT BEFORE SHIPPING CHECK EACH PAGE AGAIN THEN GO SHIP AND DRIVE HOME. EVERYONE NEEDS TO KEEP THEIR PRICES UP. THE LADY WHO MENTIONS CERTAIN DOLLARS FOR SO MANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PRICE HELD BY STATE. THAT IS ONLY FOR NORMAL NOTARY . A SIGNING AGENT HAS TO CHARGE A LOT MORE TO ACCOMODATE THE TITLE COMPANY. THAT IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PAY.

1 Like

They offer you the low price and then you tell them what you will do the job for. I sometimes ask how many pages but I found I spend the same amount of time even if it is fewer pages. You tell them how much you will do it for after they offer the low ball price. Then they agree to accept that or say I will get permission and call you back. In a few minutes they call back and say okay. Keep in mind they are getting the rest of the money. Some closing fees I see is even as high as $599.00 they are charging the borrower.

1 Like

If you are not getting at least a hundred dollars or more for each signing you need to find something else to do with your time.

Those individual who are taking low ball fees are only hurting themselves and other notaries… Quite often these signing company is getting 250 - 300 dollars and only paying you 65.00 and sometime they pay you less. I have seen multiple CD where it shows the notary fee of 350 on the CD. That’s what the signing company gets for making one phone call to have you do the work. Of course the signing company hates when its itemized on the CD. They surely don’t want you to know they are ripping you off. You print docs, gas, travel, wear on tear on your car, tolls, parking and the time you sit there for an hour to explain docs. In addition, if a situation arise at closing you have to sit there until it gets resolved. After all this you have to do faxback. In total you spend approximately 2-4 hours on the closing. If you are willing to accept $65.00 or less. you will never make it or your life any better for your self. If no one takes those prices then they don’t have a choice but to increase the fee. You are the one that will always be struggling while the signing company go home every weekend to play golf and drive their 500 sl mercedes while you struggle to make ends meet. I have stop doing those closing years ago and only take a min of $100.00. My normal fee is now 125-150. Believe me guys if everyone stop taking these low ball fees they will eventually bring the price back to where it was years ago. DOnt let them fool you they are getting any less.