123 Notary Removal

Who knows? Check your profile there…sometimes he writes reviews.

Strange tale. I belonged to 123 at the premium level and never received a signing. Same with basic level.

I just received call from a demanding harsh person from 213-705-3318. I had to ask several times to clarify what company was calling and he never provided a name. Since I’m in Washington State some notary procedures that are a frequent processes in California do not occur in WA State. As you all know, Notary laws are different in every state. I previously had a position that managed company notaries in many US States. Decided to check out 123Notary online and their aka is Become A Notary. BBB has given them a rating of 1.4 out of 5 stars with numerous complaints on their profile I may have failed the telephone test - who knows - and I really don’t want to work for a company with rude unprofessional people. I have worked for many other notary contractors and received high praise on my work quality so I have confidence in my abilities. Hope this pond scum of a person gets some lessons on communication. I don’t usually place my comments on this site but felt like this needed to be stated. Have a good day all !

Just to point out here - 123 is a notary listing site - it is not a company that you work for.- they do not contract notaries nor do they provide notary assignments - it is merely a notary directory

On Sunday evening, I received a call from a male that identified himself as Jeremy from 123 Notary. He asked me if I had some time to answer a few questions. I requested him to identify himself again which he did and then immediately asked me to administer an oath in California. I told I do not know who he is nor did I sign up to be listed on 123 Notary. I asked him to provide me with a call back number and I would call him back and answer any questions he had. He stated that I cant call him back because he would be making other calls and would be busy. I stated that I was not interested in speaking with him and hung up the telephone.

If this man is a legitimate tester for 123 Notary he should really improve his telephone skills and methods. There are so many scammers using voice recordings obtained from unsolicited telephone calls. I would NEVER answer anything over a telephone call I received.

If I signed up or I called them, I probably would have answered the questions…Oh Well…

Unless you’re in California this question is ridiculous. I administer oaths for Florida, not California. And every notary should be administering oaths ONLY according to their own state’s regulations, not according to California.

Ugh…this irritates me to no end.

Me too… but it is what it is…

I was in Mexico, on a tour bus 2 weeks ago. Carmen called to renew my subscription. I asked her If I could do that when I returned. She said yes, I went on to 123 Notary last week. Sure enough I was removed. I called to see if I could renew. She told me it would $450 Because if you don’t take Jeremy’s test he is making it difficult. I paid $100 and took a lower spot. This year I will be making sure I document exactly how many jobs I get from this site. So come next year I can determine if it is worth it or not.

At this rate, one has to wonder if he’ll be in business a year from now.

Isn’t that extortion???

1 Like

I had a free membership there and participated in his forum. They dropped me because they told me that the free membership was no longer available, so I let it go. Last year, I got the phone call from him and he explained that he would like to go through a few things with me if I had the time available to do so. I recognized his name on my cell and stated that I wasn’t interested and hung up. I guess I am surprised that he wanted to presumably test me since I am no longer listed there. I wouldn’t mind having free listing but see no point in going through all of this fuss.

I received a call from ‘Jeremey at 123Notary’ and wanted to ask me a couple of questions, @6:39 Sunday evening. I say sure and he asks me a couple of questions. First 2 I’m fine, then he asks, you have 2 signers signing 3 documents that need notarized, how many entries would I have in my journal. He wants a number (Mind you he is angry sounding at this point) I say well ‘here in NV I am able to list multiple documents on an entry, so I list the 3 documents for each signer’ He replies that isn’t a number. I do reply that it would be 2 entries with the 3 documents for each signer. He states, so it that 2 or 3? He doesn’t seam to understand here in NV I do not need a separate line for each document notarized. We go around a few times about different size of books and entries, and he is angry, angry. I don’t know what book he was referencing he used, but I must use a different notary book. He was even angrier., so I state that he seams very angry on the phone and maybe he’d like to call me in the morning instead of in the evening when he has had a bad day. That ticked him off even more and he hung up. We all have our bad days, but he didn’t seam to want a answer but to be angry at a random person on the phone? Then I look up 123Notary and up pops this tread. I’m happy I am not the only one who has had an ‘odd’ interaction with this gentleman, but it does seam his whole purpose was to be angry with someone on the phone.

1 Like

Thank goodness for Notary Cafe and all of the people who contributed to this forum. He pulled my name on Saturday after he called me on a Friday evening, while I was at a signing and waiting for the title agent to arrive. I answered his questions quickly and guess he did not like my answers. He was not rude but wished me luck with the signing. NYS gives us a pretty comprehensive test already and this is a very litigious state to begin with, so you need to be on point.

After the signing, I e mailed him and explained my situation that night. He did not answer back, which is not a surprise, and he pulled my name. After doing more research on him I see boatloads of complaints and even a Change.org petition to have the Federal Trade Commission to shut him down Change.org . Reading some of the forums,especially this one, I am VERY happy not to have given him any money for a premium listing and EVEN HAPPIER that I am not associated with this site anymore. Quite the character he is.

Jeremy removed and I paid for his premium srvc???
I have emailed 123 Notary and Jeremy, hopefully he responds.

For people with basic free listings (if those still exist), although I realize removal is annoying and aggravating, I don’t think there’s any recourse…

But for those of you who have PAID for your listing and were removed prematurely, there has to be something you can do - and my first step would be research the status/structure of the website (i.e. he’s based on California) and I would turn to that state’s Attorney General for a start - unless he gives you a refund, this is theft, pure and simple…

It’s going to take a village to get this sorted properly but if you all take action, then someone will have to do something. I’ll also remind you that since this is an internet listing site, it may elevate this “theft” to the federal level.

Just planting some seeds here hoping they sprout into satisfaction to all of you who have been wronged.

@LindaH-FL - I think you are absolutely correct - there are no such things as free listings any longer! I just tried to sign up for a free account and was declined. It gave a link to the policies section to see qualifications for free account. Guess what - no policy. I’ve heard such horrible things about this guy that I really don’t care if I’m on his site or not. There are so many other avenues to pursue. Just my 2 cents worth.

Glad I read all the forum info ----Called me 2 nights ago and simply wanted to know if I was still in the business. I simply said, “Yes, I am” and he hung up. LOL!!! Anyway, I have flagged his number on my cell to read BAD Company. He won’t be taking my time and money. :slight_smile:

Jeremy Belmont is a jerk and not professional. He did the same thing to me. He calls notaries at odd hours when most people are enjoying family time. He did the same thing to me, He told me I had to take a test to prove I was competent, a total insult. He is very rude and has no respect. He told me to let him know when I was ready to take his test. I told him not to hold his breath. I want nothing to do with people like him. Some time ago he wrote a blog about “Jesus the notary” a very blasphemous article. So that is what you are dealing with when you are dealing with him.

1 Like

Yes, Jeremy and Carmen are very unprofessional. They love to berate notaries in their imperious way. Jeremy is a frustrated short story writer.

Jeremy and Carmen are both classless buffoons.

1 Like