Am I Missing Something?

I’m here in VA, got my commission in December and got every last requirement to get hired by SS’s last weekend when I received my E&O policy (100k). I’ve signed up for over 25-30 SS’s at least all last week and into this week as well. I’ve yet to get a single signing !! I have gotten over a dozen from Signature Closers but they are impossible to actually accept because they are gone before you can open app. I’m starting to get nervous as I’ve invested near 700 into this business already and I’m longing to just get started. Facebook groups in my area say their primary work is through Signing Order & Signature Closers but I’ve yet to get a single notification for Signing Order or any other service other than Signature Closers for that matter. Any tips?

Are you on snapdocs?

Lets go back to the basics. Background check? NNA profile?

yes, awaiting on verification of E&O to finally get verified its the last thing

yes and yes, i have received every document needed by SS

So you have a background check and a NNA profile? As the majority of SS either pull you from there, or at least verify your credentials through there.

Most will argue you don’t need an NNA to get work, but there is a significant difference in work traffic between those who do and don’t. A lot of people don’t want to invest anything in their business and expect to make “6 figures” at the same time, including investing in an NNA membership. I have yet to be able to process that train of thought, but you eventually get a good idea of who they are just by reading their posts.

NNA Membership you say? No, I got my E&O through them as well as my background check and obviously my exam. but no membership

1 Like

Membership gets you a free listing on www.signingagent.com (owned by the NNA). That’s where everyone goes to either look for a signing agent or verify their credentials. When I signed up they had a package deal, the membership, the profile, E&O, background check, stamp and journal for like $220. Not to mention all the access to training resources and live staff support. Not sure what they have now, but much cheaper than purchasing al a carte!

1 Like

thanks for the tip, I’ll check that out

You do NOT have to be a member to be listed on signingagent.com. All you NEED is to do the background check…which also includes their Certification test. Being a member WILL get you higher on their ALWAYS randomized list.

4 Likes

You need to keep signing up for more SS. I’m signed up with over 100+. And definitely also upload credentials to Snapdocs. If Amrock, Inspire, Mortgage Connect, Xmoe, Bancserv, ServiceLink, Timios wasn’t include in your 25-30 they should be.

4 Likes

I don’t have the membership but I have completed the courses and have their background check. I’m a member with the AAN. Do you think there is a benefit of having both?

1 Like

Sent email applications to all this these between yesterday and today. With the exception of Bancserv bc they only accept applications on the first of the month which i literally missed by a day.

1 Like

It’s a tight market to break into. Most title companies want experience. And it depends on how many agents are in your area. All you can do is keep filling out applications. Go to Notary Rotary sign up with them. They have a great list of signing services and title companies sign up with all the four star companies. Good luck keep knocking on doors

1 Like

when i first started i signed up with 500 notary referrals but 90% initially came for 123notary

90% of your signings or 90% of signing services you discovered came from 123?

Hello there and welcome to the SA profession! :grinning: This is only my 2 cents. However, when I started more than 10 years ago, this profession was a well kept secret. I could get signings anytime I wanted them. Now I notice that I am competing with the saturation of new SA’s. With the economy the way that it is, and people losing their jobs, everyone seems is getting their license to become an SA. It’s either a great career or great side gig. I also tried to sign up with Bancserv only to be told, try again in 6 months, because they received so many new applications, that is crashed their system. It will take time to get acclimated and I’ll be honest, sometimes you get assignments because the companies have a familiarity with you. I think after the Pandemic passes, a lot of folks will go back to their day jobs and the competition to get signings won’t be so stiff. I can’t even negotiate a fee anymore because there are other SA’s out there who will take low ball signings just to get their foot in the door. This I completely understand. I don’t want to discourage you, because I do think things will go back to normal. But getting your NNA Certification, showing experience and signing up with Snapdocs will be helpful.

4 Likes

You don’t need membership. SigningAgent.com listing is included if you took the exam.

1 Like

I don’t have the NNA membership, either. I get requests through the SA listing nearly every day.

1 Like