Am I Missing Something?

NNA is not the only game in town. LOL.

Great…LOL…SA is owned and operated by the NNA. They “created” the game.

It will take several months before you get into the rotation of any company you just signed up for. Sometimes that can be six months down the road. Needless to say, pound the pavement and sign on with as many companies as possible and avoid pay for work sites, except for NNA- as they have a monopoly. Anyone who says they do not is either extremely lucky or naive.

2 Likes

As I stated elsewhere, NNA dominates. Kinda shady. Antitrust laws kick in? Might be good a thing. Agents will have more options. :wink:

Hmm I don’t get any from SA…

1 Like

Hey bjlaplume same thing happened to me. I signed up with SnapDocs and every time I try to accept an assignment they are gone. I am a Mobile Notary Signing Agent but not focus anymore in loan signings that only pay 50 or 80 and requires a lot of papers and ink. I mostly notarize POA, Wills, and other regular notarizations. Here is a tip, sign up with Thumbtack or Bark

2 Likes

Nice input from… good to know that it could get better :slightly_smiling_face:

I understand your concern. My situation is a little different though. I became a notary in 2015, and subsequently a signing agent in 2017. At that time, I was finishing up in graduate school, an insurance agent, running a couple of other businesses, and taking care of my ailing mother and wife. So, even though I got certified to do loan signings, I kind of put that business on the backburner from 2017 until recently. Needless to say, it has been difficult to even get a callback from some of the SS’s to begin working with them. And, I’m on almost all of them, with the exception of a few. It has been extremely frustrating breaking into the industry, but slowly I’m getting more offers. I’m taking the long-distance, low-paying stuff to get some traction. I’m also doing general notary work to try and get my name out there again. I have been calling those SS’s over and over again until they are telling me to stop calling. Lol. I also follow a great guy and Notary by the name of Seben Griffin on YouTube, who owns Griffin Notary Services. I have used a lot of his information to assist me in this process as well. Just like anything else. This is just going to take time and dedication. Do not get discouraged. Keep plugging away and keep marketing yourself and you will get there. Carve out your niche. Even though the market is saturated, where there’s a will there’s a way! Best of Luck!! Although I don’t believe in it. I Believe that aptitude plus attitude equals Altitude!! You got this

3 Likes

I’ve signed on to no less that 140 Signing Services. I get regular work from about 6-10 of them. Search your State’s Insurance regulators to see what Title Companies are authorized in your Sate. Call them to find out how they handle mortgage closings. Many will inform which SS they use. Sign of for each of these SS.

3 Likes

Become NNA certified. Go to NNA.com and take the NNA certification. It does cost money, but not a lot. There is no training really, just a long set of paragraphs and then a test at the end. Most all signing companies want NNA certified signing agents. I started the last week of November and got a couple of signings from Signing Order by the first week of December, but I wasn’t NNA certified. Once I became certified (took a day), I added that to my bio and started getting more. I also signed up with Snapdocs and added my NNA certification and they started coming in fast. I’ve done 87 signings since December 4th and they come mostly from Signing Order (they’ve given the most) and Snapdocs. Snapdocs is probably the largest signing companies out there and a great place to get orders. I get several everyday. Of course there’s always other agents getting those too, but I pick them up if the price is right and within an hours drive. Be willing to go a little farther out for less money in the beginning, just to get some experience behind your belt. Good Luck!

1 Like

I am NNA certified ! It’s on my snapdocs profile as well !! Hopefully the work starts coming.

could you elaborate a little bit more on this? Thanks sounds like a good idea

When I got started I took the advice of signing on with every SS I could find. This meant I signed on with SS that didn’t work with Title companies that were licensed in Texas (my state). Title companies sell Title Insurance so they have to licensed in your state to do business in your state. By focusing on only those Title Companies in VA you’ll narrow your search considerably. Contact those TCs licensed for your state and ask them how they handle hiring LSAs. If they use signing services you’ll know which ones to sign on with.

Lesson two I learned is to organize your credentials into a folder on your hard drive. This folder should hold a copy of your commission, E&O Insurance, Bond, raining certificates, NNA Membership number, and W9. This will speed up the process of signing up. Update this folder every year as needed.

@ccarbogast Lol trust me i’ve learned lesson two by now lol but thanks man im gonna deff do that today

1 Like

I’m super sorry for dragging this out, but you recommend finding the title companies that do business in VA how exactly?

Check with VA department of Insurance. You can check the License Department’s data base of Title Companies selling Insurance. This would include out of State Title Companies. I was recently contacted by a Florida Title Company that’s licensed in Texas.

1 Like

just called my states department of insurance and they do not have a database nor provide a list of registered tittle companies… is there any other resources you think?

Hi! Are you recommending that new signing agents should not sign up for any signing services that charge a fee to join? Just want to clarify because I’ve been trying to decide whether to sign up for the paid ones. Thanks!

I did a quick Google search and found this from Virginia:
https://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/ConsumerInquiry/Search.aspx?searchType=company

This is a web portal that will help out about Title Insurance companies and individuals in Virginia. Making a phone call to the Dept of Insurance and getting an over worked civil servant will get you nowhere fast. It takes time and an inquisitive mind to find what you’re looking for. There is no fast and easy way do this.

Using the above web address I was able to find over 400 licensed individuals who can sell Title Insurance. Most of them work for Title Companies. You’ve got a lot of home work ahead of you.

1 Like

dude your a savage ! All this is new to me so wrapping my head around it all is overwhelming sometimes

1 Like