Am I Missing Something?

it’s slow for established folks now. Crazy busy started yesterday I received about 50 signing offers yesterday and they started at 630am this morning

What area are you in?

The membership I believe is a MUST. I invest in me, my business and my career and its paid off for me. My outcome is just that MINE. Folks say “don’t pay to play” let’s see 2.99 a month for a ad that brings me in at the minimum 150 per month and max 5k it’s worth it.

Just FYI, the NNA E&O insurance only covers notarial acts, not loan signings. So, you might want to think about getting a policy with a company that covers loan signings.

1 Like

I was going to ask about the state insurance providers but then saw you answered it further down. Thanks

1 Like

When i started in 2015 i became a NNA member and 123 Notary. A lot of notaries don’t like 123 but probable 80% of my calls the early years said they found me there even when i had already done several assignments with them. My typical assignment is 50 miles one way and i charge $1.00 per mile plus $75. The result is the majority of my assignments require management approval. Fee of $150 or less is generally approved on initial call.

Thank you for all the useful information in this thread. As a new signing agent I have picked up a lot that will help me as I try and get myself going!

1 Like

No they didn’t create the game, they purchased signing agent.com from Susan Pense.

Per the post you responded to, I wasn’t referring to signing agent.com. I was referring to the NNA themselves. The NNA is who certifies “most” as a signing agent. Signing agent.com is where “most” go to find a “certified” signing agent. The NNA is where “most” notaries go for resources and support. Signing agent.com is just a directory. Signing agent.com does not create signing agents, they just list them. The NNA creates signing agents, hence “the game”

For $64 the NNA offers an on line open book “signing agent” certification. There’s your reason no one has ever gotten an assignment from their random “signing agent” directory.

If Amazon exists without antitrust action, NNA will always be safe.

I looked at Notary Rotary yesterday and it looks like there’s a fee to join. Is that true?

Looks like 123 Notary charges a fee to join. Is it worth it?

As to Notary Rotary - You can get a free basic listing - there’s some features and perks you won’t have access to - like full company info in Signing Central, some discounts on supplies, etc.

As for 123 - yes - the more you pay the higher your listing - back in the day (15 years ago) I got my best title company clients from that listing.

Linda’s right. Check how many notaries are in your service area then decide how much you may need to pay to get listed higher.

272 in my area. My goodness.

I am having the same issue i am about to give up. I get text or emails for a signing but then they don’t reply back.

I got the NNA full meal deal, to include the Hotline access. It has been a really good purchase, despite the extra expense. I’ve been doing signings for a month now, 9 in total, and have made 4 calls to the hotline to get advice or clarification. Lots of the docs vary slightly from title company to title company, and can be a bit ambiguous, especially after initial exposure to the other company’s way of doing things. Hopefully I won’t need it after a year or so, but so far that hotline is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It’s the true insurance.

I have a membership with AAN. I think you are the first person I have seen on here that has mentioned it. That is also where I filled out my original notary commission forms. At the time, I didn’t know one notary website from another. What do you think about them. They seem to be very limited with what the site has to offer.

Hey there! I have what may be a silly question. If the borrower’s preprinted signature is Jonh Doe AKA J. Doe, does he need to write the “AKA?”