AMROCK... is it worth it?

I applied with them but they told me to come back after I had 1 year of experience. Well I did a job for them today through Snapdocs… I don’t like the fact that you have to call a 1-800 number after the signing to get paid. The automated system didn’t recognize the loan number so had to wait for a rep. While on hold, the message they play said you can email or use the app as well. I don’t have access to the app because they wouldn’t hire me. I’m still new, so I don’t know if having to call the company within 90 minutes of the appt time or you don’t get paid is standard in the industry or not. I just know that I didn’t really like that. Now wondering if I will even make time for them next year. What is the word on this company? Is it worth the time?

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from AMROCK… is it worth it?:

I began with Amrock this month. I have to say, I’ve been extremely pleased and have had six signings in less than a week. Some opportunities I missed also…
I had a 20 minute call with Amrock representative before I signed with them. She was very informative and explained their rates are based on average of current signing agents in the county work in and their fees. Living in Florida, I agreed to $90 for hybrid signing to start out… After you complete several, you can increase your fees. I have found in all my signings with them, I literally print less than 50 pages, only one set, spend less than 15 minutes doing the online docs and typically these signings are less than 30 minutes. They will even pay trip fee (additional amount) for signings over 30 miles away. I’ve had no problem requesting the trip fee, they’ve never declined. I was asked by signer to provide witness in one signing and Amrock even paid my request for witness fee…
I have seen allot of negative post about Amrock but I personally have had a great experience with them.

9 Likes

They usually deposit on Wednesdays, if you have direct deposit. They’re a well put company and very organized, still low ballers. I only take their assignments if close to me, or if they call me and then I can negotiate my fee.

4 Likes

i have been with them for over a month. still no payment yet. i have done probably 20 signings, of those 20, i would say 5 had issues.
one was cancelled on a friday (sat 8 :30 am signing) and the borrower called me at 9 asking where was i. I received email cancelling and it was removed from the app, so i assumed they knew. didn’t know it was my responsibility to contact the borrower to let them know the signing was cancelled. 3 others cancelled last minute. 1 showed up and refused to sign. i had 2 others that same week with other companies canceled after I showed up. i was beginning to wonder if it was worth it. they do cancel alot of loan signings last minute making it impossible to accept other signings elsewhere for same or more money last minute.

2 Likes

Amrock: the easiest signings you will do. Hybrid takes 15-20 minutes—certify the online signing and wet sign/notarize a 40-50 page set of docs. Pay is quick and easy. If you live in a highly saturated county it can be difficult to get a high fee and grabbing signings can be difficult as signing requests get picked up really quick. My go to for in-between signings.

6 Likes

Hey, I just signed up with Amrock and they sent me link to sign up with Pavaso. I’m not registered as RON or electronic Notary in Texas, but I’m working on getting that certification now. Does Pavaso provide their own digital certification and e-seal? I got my digital cert through NNA, but it’s not accepted by Pavaso, nor is the e-seal accepted by Pavaso.

3 Likes

When you do the training through Amrock it will allow you to use the Pavaso platform.

1 Like

I work with AMROCK all of the time and am very pleased with them. 9 out of 10 loans the documents are loaded ahead of the closing. Hybrid loans turn into being really easy. Pay could be higher but I spend about 30 minutes on each hybrid closing and 40 minutes on a full closing. Training is fantastic and they work with you.

6 Likes

I’ve been with Amrock for about 1 1/2 yrs, directly (not via Snapdocs). I’ve not experienced the delays noted. They’ve been consistent with assignment and invoicing.

3 Likes

Have another one for them through Signature Closers tomorrow. I wish they would just let me apply now lol. Oh well!

1 Like

I’m in a similar situation. I want to sign up for Amrock, but they said I needed one year of experience. I will wait a short while and try again. I would really love to work with them!

2 Likes

Right I definitely thought about a second attempt!

1 Like

I just did a hybrid closing for Amrock, took longer than I had expected because the signers didn’t e-sign their portions until I got to their home. Anyway, this was my first hybrid signing and I would like to think it gets easier. I actually like that I only had to print out 54 pages each set for 2 sets , instead of 150 pages each for 2 sets.

I was told that by Xome, but Amrock took me on when I registered with them.

So I attempted to sign up with Amrock again and was approved. I suggest trying again. Good luck.

2 Likes

I’ve been working for Amrock about four months now. I have a lot of frustrations with them first of all getting paid I had to send three different invoices because they didn’t pay me for three months. In addition their pay is quite low. They cancel orders on you the same day and they don’t tell you they just remove them from your queue in the application and they don’t tell the client. Also they have a two hour service level agreement with their clients so they don’t have to send us the docs until two hours before the appointment this causes much pain if you have to drive over an hour anywhere and it happens all the time. If you don’t have to work for them I wouldn’t recommend.

1 Like

This is exactly my experience with Amrock and it’s consistently getting worse with the non-payment the removing of your signings in your application not contacting clients and telling them about the cancellation not telling us about the cancellation you reserved that scheduled time for them and now you can’t replace it they don’t seem to care and the two hour window they give you to print docs prep them and Dr. is ridiculous

Things have changed. I haven’t worked for about a year but I loved Amrock Title. I had direct deposit and was always paid on time. I could expect a deposit at least once a week. I never took anything more than 20 minute drive from my house and the pay was OK as far as I’m concerned. I think it just depends on where you live and the saturation of Notaries. Whenever there was a cancellation which really wasn’t that often then they always gave me a cancellation fee. About the two hour window… I always called earlier anyway and they usually were able to get the documents to me before the two hours. I only worked part time when I wanted to and where I wanted to so they were a good company for me along with a couple others.

Amrock I have to say is one of my favorite. They always call you directly and will call your several times before the go to another notary. The pay always comes Wednesday morning just ahead of my full-time pay check… Thanks Amrock - u rock!

1 Like

Low pay. I would not work for them.