AMROCK... is it worth it?

I love Amrock! No scanbacks. Quick appointments. They have been very easy to work with since I started receiving their alerts in January. They don’t pay the highest, but they offer steady business and pay me well. I downloaded the app on my Android phone and spent some time getting familiar with it, and adjusted the settings so I can hear a unique sound when they alert me about a job. My first 2 paychecks were mailed to me, then I started receiving direct deposit and I’m loving that! I prefer them over most other signing services. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I have signed up with AMROCK, and completed the training. Download the app and I have not received no communications. I called to make sure all my information was received and active. Still no signings and no communications
. Any Suggestions???

I have been with them for some times now and it seems like when I do get an alert it is already assigned by another signing agent! For me I wouldn’t waste my time with all the paperwork they have you fill out!

I love Amrock. Decent fees, no scanbacks, super easy signings that doesn’t take a lot of time and I love the the fact they separate the package for your (legal/letter). They also have the docs available when you accept the order, and they pay about 2 weeks after the signing is complete. Oh, and one more thing. The text option is awesome. If I call the borrower to confirm and no answer, I leave a message and send a text, or I just send a text as a reminder to the customer if the confirmation was over a week in advance. :grin:

1 Like

Fee paid, volume, notary-saturation are area-specific.

I have been working with them since 2008 and have never had payment issues. They send direct deposit payments every Wednesday and they are for the signings completed 8 to 14 days prior. Never send invoices. All done on their MySignings App.

1 Like

I LOVE Amrock!!! I drop everything to sign for them. You have to be a notary for at least a year but they are THE BEST Company to work with.

I have submitted an interest in Amrock and was advised they are not looking for notaries in Arizona and to continue to check back.

Call Amrock…let them know that you aren’t receiving alerts…they are always helpful when I call them. You should be turned on in no time. Also try uninsralling and reinstalling the app and change your password.

1 Like

I’ll put in my two cents. When I worked for them, which I did for 10 months, I was amazed at how much work they had. I did 525 perfect closings. On my last closing for them, the borrowers started the initial call off with “We will see you, IF the numbers are right.” This signifies to me that they had been having issues to this point. So I get to the closing, and surprise, the numbers are not correct. So we cancel and they request me for the reschedule. These poor borrowers were livid! They were SO unhappy and how the bank and Amrock had dealt with them, they were REALLY raising the roof. So, we meet for the second closing. Numbers are fine, closing goes smoothly, they thank me at the end and tell me I was the only competent person in the whole experience. The bank managers overhears this and proceeds to call Amrock and tell them I am unprofessional. The borrowers hear about this and call Amrock and let them know that the bank manager is lying. Amrock could not care one bit. They fired me from the panel and will never reinstate me. So all I can tell you is, don’t be fooled by a pretty face. The work is easy, and they pay timely, but they could not care less about you, your state laws (they’ve been holding a mortgage I passed since October without recording it and the borrowers are about to file a lawsuit over it) or anything other than using you up and tossing you aside.

1 Like

That’s interesting; I tried to sign up with Amrock, but they aren’t taking anyone in my state for now.

As far as the witness fee, what did you charge? Who did you get? I had an interesting snapdocs offer a few days ago for estate documents, with no printing or docs delivery, but I would’ve had to bring 2 witnesses. The fee offered was $125, so split 3 ways I guess.

Here is what I don’t understand. You completed 525+ signings with no errors in 10 months. That should tell you the reputation Amrock has… This one you have problem with and it ends your partnerships with Amrock? I can tell you from a borrower’s experience using Amrock for our personal refi, Amrock and the lender send you emails at least daily if not more than once a day with information on your status, the figures and other documents. You can login to your portal 2]4/7 and obtain the most current information. I’m sure the borrowers had the numbers well before you printed the docs. Amrock walks you through each step very easily. The borrower just might not have received the numbers they wished for. Remember there is two sides (or three in your case) to ever experience. But in 525 signings, this is your only one with an issue?
Our Signing Agent code of ethics indicate we remain impartial at all times. It doesn’t matter if we feel Amrock or the borrowers are “hard to deal with”. It’s our professional duty to remain impartial. We have all probably experienced some type of hiccup in signings, the important part is your reaction! I’ve had several signings that online docs were not loaded when the signers and I signed in (hybrid signing), or I had to be reprinted last minute, at the end of the day, someone is going to get paid to do the job…. Might as well be me and then get the call later same day asking if you can take another job. Wish you had not had to go through that but caulk it up to a missed opportunity.

I believe that the AMROCK portal with 24/7 access is only with their family of lenders. If the loan is through Quicken or Rocket Mortgage, you are correct that the borrowers have access to their loan portal and that they receive contact from several people in the chain as the loan moves through the closing process. But AMROCK is also used by other lenders for their title services who may not provide their loan documents for portal access to the lenders until just before closing. So the notary’s experience with the signers may be entirely accurate. But, that does not excuse their abominable behavior. AMROCK is also very serious about any complaints coming from signers or lenders and it can put you into time out for up to six months. That being said, most Partner Management staff is more than happy to discuss any incident with you and will edit or remove any defects that they find credible and acceptable from your side. It is worth your while to contact them and discuss your situation.
Personally, I have had a great relationship with AMROCK over the past two years. We don’t always agree on some issues (I advocated for hazard pay for those of us standing in the breach and working through COVID – they disagreed.) But, I have never walked away feeling that I hadn’t been heard or that they didn’t care. And, I am far more fallible than you and can’t say that I’ve had 500+ error-free signings for anybody! Way to go!

1 Like

Uuuhhh…no! That’s at least $125 to you then tack on the cost of the witnesses - no you don’t split the $125 three ways.

I want to sample some of what these schedulers/companies are smoking…jeez

Believe me when I tell you, this loan was a problem for a long time before I came on the scene. The borrowers were so disgusted, I felt terrible for them. And no, the issue was that the final docs did not match what the borrowers were sent, so yes, I think that had the bank and Amrock been a little more transparent, then the borrowers would have not been so upset with them. The borrowers were never upset with me, in fact, they called and complained about their loan officer and the bank manager and other people in the chain and praised me. Amrock refused to listen to them. They were only concerned that the bank manager had a complaint. In the end, the bank and Amrock ended up waiving all closing costs and sending the borrowers a check as an apology for how badly this one was handled on their end. I even asked Amrock if I had ever had a complaint in all my closings, and they said no. And I am not the only notary who has had this type of experience. Their BBB rating are atrocious. I am happy, personally, not to be affiliated with them any longer. In addition, I have been asked by them to sign paperwork to indicate that borrowers appeared through representative capacity when they did not, and have told them on three separate occasions that that would be fraud as the borrowers did appear before me with two witnesses. They would not listen. I don’t put my commission on the line for anyone. And I don’t appreciate being harassed to sign paperwork that indicates that I did not follow my state law.

I’m not sure either why you think I treated these borrowers any differently than any of the others. I was, in fact, extra kind to them because they were so frustrated. The issue in this closing is that the bank manager where the closing took place had been extensively reprimanded over the issue and instructed to make sure this one closed. She was VERY angry that the borrowers were so nice to me and nasty to her and I know for a fact that she complained over this very issue because she did it ON THE PHONE NEXT TO US WHILE WE WERE DOING THE CLOSING. And the borrowers overheard her complaining and called Amrock to defend me. I found the whole thing very unprofessional and felt terrible that any company would treat anyone that way. I was in the crosshairs because I made the borrowers happy and the bank manager unhappy by doing so.

The hybrids with Amrock are easy. When you call to confirm the appointment with the borrowers, mention to them to expect an email regarding the electronic portion of their signing, and also let them know that they will not be able to complete that portion until the day of the signing. You can also advise them to please have that portion complete prior to the signing appointment. As for printing, make sure to read your closing package instructions online at the Amrock website. Usually it is the second line that says: ******* * Be sure to print out 2 copies of the package- 1 for the consumer to sign and 1 for them to keep (Does not apply for Quicken Loans Closings) You only need to print one copy of Quicken Loan Closings. Hope that helps your Amrock journey.

2 Likes

Help, y’all. I have my first hybrid closing with Amrock on Saturday. I’ve received the printed docs and I’m good with that. The instructions say to get wet signatures first then use the link in the Amrock Portal to connect to the electronic closing session.

I do not see a link anywhere. Do I just need to be patient? Will it become available on Saturday?

Thank you I’m advance.

Do you have your pavaso login? If not then call and set it up ahead of time and get familiar with the interface.

Thanks for the info on Amrock. I am still waiting to be added.