Anyone have experience with Loan Signing System?

@notaryjen81 I have never heard of the notary stars one. Thank you for the information.

Bless God, I’m doing good. Although things are slower than in 2020,
I am still getting consistent assignments. I work part time and make full time income. Purchases and sales are still happening. You learn a lot about marketing as well as other opportunities in the field.

Changed my life, Mark is amazing

2 Likes

@jennjoneis That’s good to know!

@signetmnotary Awsome! Thank you for your response.

Hi, I took the Notary2Pro course in 2020 and I have no regrets. Notary2Pro doesn’t use the in-your-face approach. I didn’t chose LSS because I get really cautious with the high-energy, loud, proud, used car salesman approach I saw on the Internet. That works for some people; just not for me. Notary2Pro provides a list of companies that hire their graduates and I’ve heard LSS does the same. The market is currently in a down side of the business cycle with expenses up (costs of paper, toner, and gas) and the pay being offered by title companies and signing services is down. (I have a direct title company client that used to offer $125 to $150 per assignment and now they are offering $95 to $100.) Since I started in 2020, I haven’t seen any offers for a signing at $200.00 and I am currently seeing some as low as $50.00, which personally, I will not take. My final point is that there are a lot of mobile notaries who are loan signing agents/notary signing agents competing for business. My suggestion is that you do a lot of research regarding the market in your local area before deciding to jump into this line of business. I’m not saying don’t jump in; be informed and knowledgeable about the situation you are jumping into.

6 Likes

Go to notary Training school they have a very good Course for under $60. I took its very good.

1 Like

I’m self-taught, you don’t need any of this training.
And I make more than all of his students.
If you pay to be on someone’s list and/or training, you’re now the customer with no guarantee that you’ll get any future work.
There’s no short path to success it takes time building your business.

1 Like

Hello. May I ask what they charge for that course?

@terry thank you for the information. I know the market is down due to the rise in interest rates. The signing agent certification is an expansion of my already existing notary license. I’ve been a notary over 20 years. That end has picked up significantly over the past 9 months, because notaries are getting harder to find in my general area, as the ones who have been notaries the same amount of time and longer than me are declining not to renew and sending their clients to me.

@Windchime71 the LSS training is by far the most expensive one I’ve found at over $800. I signed up for Notary2Pro for $300.

3 Likes

@WeOCnotary-Rcho_Mission_Viejo I know I honestly don’t need any more formal training to do the job. The problem I’m running into, is that some of the better title companies in my area are looking for those certifications, and or more loan signing experience.

@earl226 thank you for this information. I’ll look into it.

Hi Terry, may I ask what state you are in, please?

Are you still getting business in this slow market?

I’ve been a signing agent for 4 years. During the pandemic there was many job offers but now it has slow down tremendously I was able to make a good income but now I do not get as many offers as before because of the high interest rates. Honestly I have gone back to work at the school district. I learned what I know by asking questions in this platform and by doing the actual work you will learn as you go. Many people offer high cost classes with false promises don’t fall for it they are just trying to make money off of you. The market is slow right now it will pick up sgain when interest rates go down.

2 Likes

Thanks to all who contributed to some very helpful information.

1 Like

Here’s a fact: No company can guarantee how much money you’ll make. There are many factors to starting out and also becoming successful in this business. The biggest factors being today’s downturn of the housing market and high interest rates. There is less work and a saturation of signing agents and notaries. LSS has joined forces with the NNA for some odd reason. Just remember one other fact- The companies selling something are the one’s making the most profit. Many of them prey upon newbies. Be wise where you put your investment money.

4 Likes

Keep this in mind when engaging a Notary Educator. The NE provides you with the knowledge on how to conduct a closing. Since every Sate has laws regarding notary activity it’s imperative for you to know your State’s laws. In other words don’t stop with LSS, N2P, or another notary educators program as the stopping point in your training.

One thing all of them don’t teach is how to operate or market your business. That task is up to your self education. Learn your State’s laws regarding how a Notary can advertise. Learn about business entities, insurance, E&O, bookkeeping, and taxes.

If all you’ve learned is how to be an NSA, you’ll standing on the 50 yard line, not the goal line.

2 Likes

@Yadiraa111 thank you for the information. I have found it very helpful.